Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
We’re now into the final quarter of 2021 so we’re starting to see the various hotel loyalty programs unveiling the promotions that will take them through to the end of the year. Hilton’s latest promotion is now open for registration and it’s offering guests up to triple points on stays through 31 December.
Hilton’s Power Up Promotion
Earn Double Points on stays completed between 7 September and 31 December 2021. All guests who have a Hilton Honors American Express Card will earn Triple Points when they use their cobranded card to pay for their stays (this is in addition to the points they would have automatically earned with their card anyway).
- Offer valid for stays completed September 7, 2021, through December 31, 2021 at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/PowerUp prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- You must check out on or prior to December 31, 2021 to be eligible for this offer.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before September 7, 2021 will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed on or after September 7, 2021 and prior to or on December 31, 2021.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn Double (2X) Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period or Triple (3X) Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period for using a Hilton Honors Credit Card.
- “Double Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay. “Triple Points” means for each dollar spent using your Hilton Honors Credit Card on stays at a property within the Hilton portfolio during the Promotion Period, you will receive a bonus equal to twice the number of Base Points earned during a stay as long as the primary card member’s Hilton Honors number is on the reservation.
- Hilton Honors Credit Cards include: Hilton Honors American Express Card, Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card, Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, Hilton Honors Visa Classic Sumitomo Card, Hilton Honors Visa Gold Sumitomo Card, Hilton Honors Visa Platinum Sumitomo Card, Hilton Honors American Express Premium card, Hilton Honors Platinum Barclaycard and Hilton Honors Credit Card issued by Deutsche Kreditbank AG.
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
The first thing to stress is that registration is necessary to earn any of the bonuses on offer – if you don’t register before a stay you won’t earn bonus points on that stay.
The second thing to stress is that a stay has to end on/by 31 December 2021 to count towards this promotion – if you have a stay that overlaps 31 December 2021 it may be worth considering moving hotels on that date if the number of points you’d earn in the promotion makes it worthwhile.
Other than that very minor inconvenience the news here is generally good:
- All Hilton properties worldwide are participating
- If you check-in before the start of the promotion but check out after the start date you’ll earn double/triple points on your whole stay.
- Even the no annual fee Hilton Honors American Express Card will earn Hilton Honors members triple points in this promotion.
This may not sound like the most exciting of promotions (because it’s not) but it can still offer a path to earning a substantial number of Hilton Honors points in the last few months of the year.
A Diamond member spending $600 on a stay at a full-service property and paying with a Hilton Honors co-branded credit card would earn a total of 24,000 points for their stay (this excludes credit card earnings):
- 6,000 Base Points (at 10 points/dollar)
- 6,000 Elite Points (100% bonus for being a top-tier elite)
- 12,000 Bonus Points from this promotion
A mid-tier Gold member spending $600 on a stay at a full-service property and choosing to pay with a credit card other than a Hilton Honors co-branded card would earn 16,800 points for their stay:
- 6,000 Base Points (at 10 points/dollar)
- 4,800 Elite Points (80% bonus for holding Gold elite status)
- 6,000 Bonus Points from this promotion
That’s pretty good going considering Diamond status isn’t hard to come by (it comes as a benefit of the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card which has a $450/year fee) and Gold status is even cheaper to get as it comes as a benefit of the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card ($95/year fee).
Hilton’s next global promotion offers double base points to all guests and triple base points to guests paying for their stays with a Hilton co-branded credit card. Overall, this is a considerably better promotion than the one we’ve just seen Marriott publish as it offers travelers a great chance to rack up some easy Honors points without too much effort.