Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Hilton has unveiled its last major promotion for 2019 and with it it’s offering Hilton Honors members double out triple points for all stays made through 5 January 2020 – if you’re considering booking a Hilton property for the holidays this is definitely a promotion you should be registering for.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- Offer valid for stays completed September 9, 2019, through January 5, 2020 at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/PowerUp prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- You must check out on or prior to January 5, 2020 to be eligible for this offer.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before September 9, 2019 will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed on or after September 9, 2019 and prior to or on January 5, 2020.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn Double Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period or Triple Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period for using a Hilton Honors Credit Card.
- “Double Points” means you will receive a bonus equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay.
- “Triple Points” means for each dollar spent using your Hilton Honors Credit Card on stays at a property within the Hilton portfolio during the Promotion Period, you will receive a bonus equal to twice the number of Base Points earned during a stay.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card,
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card,
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card,
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card,
- Hilton Honors Visa Classic Sumitomo Card,
- Hilton Honors Visa Gold Sumitomo Card,
- Hilton Honors Visa Platinum Sumitomo Card,
- Barclaycard Hilton Honors credit card and
- DKB German.
- For examples and further details, please see the FAQ page. Hilton Honors Credit Cards include:
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the number of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.
- Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
- Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for Bonus Points to appear in your Hilton Honors account.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
The first thing to stress is that registration is necessary to earn any of the bonuses on offer – if you don’t register before a stay you won’t earn bonus points on that stay.
The second thing top stress is that a stay has to end on/by 5 January 2020 to count towards this promotion – if you have a stay that overlaps 5 January 2020 it may be worth considering moving hotels on that date if the number of points you’d earn in the promotion makes it worthwhile.
Other than that very minor inconvenience the news here is generally good:
- All Hilton properties worldwide are participating
- If you check-in before the start of the promotion but check out after the start date you’ll earn double/triple points on your whole stay.
- Even the no annual fee Hilton Honors American Express Card will earn Hilton Honors members triple points in this promotion.
This may not sound like the most exciting of promotion (because it’s not) but it can still offer a path to earning a substantial number of Hilton Honors points in the last few months of the year.
A Diamond member spending $600 on a stay at a full-service property and paying with a Hilton Honors co-branded credit card would earn a total of 24,000 points for their stay:
- 6,000 Base Points (at 10 points/dollar)
- 6,000 Elite Points (100% bonus for being a top-tier elite)
- 12,000 Bonus Points from this promotion
A mid-tier Gold member spending $600 on a stay at a full-service property and choosing to pay with a credit card other than a Hilton Honors co-branded card would earn 16,800 points for their stay:
- 6,000 Base Points (at 10 points/dollar)
- 4,800 Elite Points (80% bonus for holding Gold elite status)
- 6,000 Bonus Points from this promotion
That’s pretty good going considering Diamond status isn’t hard to come by (it comes as a benefit of the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card which has a $450/year fee) and Gold status is even cheaper to get as it comes as a benefit of the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card ($95/year fee).
Whether or not you think you’ll be staying at a Hilton property in the last few months of the year you should be registering for this promotion – plans change and you never know when you’ll find yourself unexpectedly at a Hilton property and it would be a shame to leave a stack of points on the table just because you didn’t take a few seconds to register in advance of your stay.
Overall this isn’t a promotion which isn’t likely to change anyone’s plans, but it is one in which it’s easy to pick up a good number of points with little to no effort.