Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page
Qatar Airways is back with another promotion it’s running in conjunction with Visa (Visa Weekend Deals). As with the last Visa Weekend Deals promotion the discounts and offers will vary from country to country and, as I’m writing this before the sale has gone live across all locations, I can’t see what all the offers are.
What I can tell you is that some countries are showing deals that say “fares starting from xxxx” while others are showing the actual discounts available. These appear to range from 20% (Italy) to an impressive looking 40% (UK).
Qatar Airways Visa Card Weekend – The Terms & Conditions
- Offer is valid on Qatar Airways operated flights for Visa cardholders only.
- Purchases can only be made through qatarairways.com by entering the promotional code “VISAWKD” at the time of booking.
- Sales period: 16 March 2018 until 18 March 2018.
- Travel period: 16 March 2018 until 10 December 2018.
- All travel must be completed by 10 December 2018.
- Blackout dates apply. Please review at the time of booking.
- Country exclusions include flights booked on qatarairways.com to and from: Sudan, Iran, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Egypt.
- Discount applies to Economy and Premium Class return tickets. For flights where Business Class is not operated, First Class is applicable.
- Discount does not apply to taxes, surcharges or any other standard market surcharges.
- Seats are limited and are subject to availability on the relevant booking class:
- W for Economy
- R for Business
- A for First Class travel intra Middle East^ and Middle East^ to/from Africa.”
- Fares displayed include all applicable discounts.
- Tickets are non-endorsable and non-transferable.
- Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking for change, cancellation and no-show conditions and fees.
- In case of a no-show, a no-show fee is applicable on top of any change or cancellation fees.
- Change fees are applicable on top of any fare differences.
- For travel involving multiple booking classes, the most restrictive fare rules apply on the entire itinerary.
- Child/infant discount applies with the exception of the companion offer.
- Standard minimum and maximum stays apply. Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking.
- Stopover in Doha is allowed per Qatar Airways’ stopover policy.
- Multi-city itineraries where the destination airport of the outbound flight is not the same as the originating airport of the inbound flight are allowed once per booking.
- Other terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking.
Earn Double Qmiles & Bonus Qpoints Too
Qatar Airways Privilege Club members will earn double miles when booking an Economy or Business Class fare for travel before 10 December 2018 and, as an added bonus, the fares will earn 50% extra Qpoints too.
Both the passenger’s membership number and the promo code “VISAWKD” will be needed to ensure these miles & points post correctly.
If you’re not a Privilege Club member yet you can earn yet more miles on your next Qatar Airways flight by signing up at www.qmiles.com by 31 March 2018 and flying before 10 December 2018.
A booking in Economy Class will earn 2,500 bonus Qmiles while a booking in Business Class will earn 5,000 bonus Qmiles.
As I mentioned at the beginning, I’m writing this before the sale has officially started so I can’t actually try out the promo code to see just how good the deals are but, as last time this promo ran, I can still make an educated guess as to which departure cities will have some of the better deals on offer (these don’t vary much from promotion to promotion).
If you’re based in the US then the deals will probably be evenly spread across the country so checking the Qatar Airways US promotion page (link here) will show you what’s on offer but, if you’re based in Europe and are willing to position to get a good deal, I would check out these countries’ websites first:
There’s no guarantee that there will be any fantastic deals available but this is Qatar Airways we’re dealing with so if there aren’t at least a few good Business Class (or even Economy Class) fares out there I’ll be very surprised.
Happy fare hunting and let me know if you find anything worth bragging about 🙂