Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published.
Qatar Airways has launched its latest global promotion which its calling “Global Travel Boutique”. The headline discounts (which I’ll discuss in the post) sound pretty impressive but, by Qatar Airways standards, this has to go down as being a pretty average promotion – so don’t get your hopes up if you’re hoping for a mega-bargain – but one or two fares may be interesting.
Qatar Airways Global Travel Boutique
There’s a little bit more to this promotion than just discounts on airfares and these are the main headlines Qatar Airways is promoting:
- Save up to 50% on Economy Class fares and up to 20% on Business Class fares for flights to more than 150 places around the world.
- Take advantage of discounts of up to 25% off Business Class fares when you book for two, four, six or eight people.
- Exclusively on qatarairways.com, enjoy an extra 5% discount on Economy Class fares when you book for three or more people.
On top of these there are also the following offers:
Main Terms & Conditions
- Promotion period: 12-19 September 2017.
- Travel period: 15 September 2017 until 31 May 2018. All travel must be completed by 31 May 2018.
- Blackout dates (travel not allowed): 15 December 2017 until 10 January 2018. Additional blackout dates apply in some countries.
- Valid on Qatar Airways operated flights worldwide, Royal Air Maroc, British Airways, Royal Jordanian and Middle East Airlines codeshare flights with the following exceptions:
- Flights to and from Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.
- Flights to and from Kathmandu in Economy Class.
- Flights to and from Montreal in Business Class.
- Discount applies to Economy and Business Class return tickets. For flights where Business Class is not operated, First Class is applicable.
- Discount does not apply to taxes, surcharges or any other standard market surcharges.
The full terms and conditions can be found on the Global Offer Page.
I’ll get the non-flight offers out of the way first and then I’ll move on to the flight deals (such as they are).
Free Hotel Stays In Doha
Per Qatar Airways:
Explore the culture and attractions of Qatar with Qatar Airways’ free Transit Visa and enjoy a complimentary stay at one of the many international hotels in Doha as you treat your family and loved ones to an extended vacation, courtesy of Qatar Airways and the Qatar Tourism Authority.
Qatar Airways transit passengers have the opportunity to explore Qatar with our range of stopover options including a free hotel stay and two-night stay offers from 1 May to 30 December with +Qatar offers.
Earn Double QMiles
Per Qatar Airways:
Book your paid ticket online for travel to any of the more than 150 places we fly to and earn double Qmiles in Premium Class or Economy Class from now until 19 September 2017 for travel between 15 September 2017 and 31 May 2018.
Existing Privilege Club members, login to your membership account to view your exclusive offer.
To be eligible for this offer, select “My offers” on your dashboard menu and register for this offer before 19 September 2017.
Qatar Airways is giving away over 60 prizes each day through 19 September 2017.
Here’s what’s on offer:
How to participate:
- Book a Qatar Airways ticket on www.qatarairways.com during the Promotion Period. All confirmed tickets issued until the end of each day of the Promotion Period will be included in the sweepstakes on the next day. Eight sweepstakes will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
- Bookings where the ticket could not be issued for any reason whatsoever will not be included in the sweepstakes.
- A total of five hundred fourteen (515) prizes will be given away during eight (8) days through random drawing from all eligible entries during the Promotion Period. The first draw will be held on 13 September 2017. The last draw will be held on 20 September 2017.
- Once a potential winner has been selected, he/she will be each sent a prize announcement email using the email address provided at time of booking, subject to Winner Verification and Prize Conditions.
Right….now we come to the section which readers are probably most interested in.
I’ve had a look through most of the individual country pages trying to find the best deals that Qatar Airways is currently offering and, not withstanding the fact that a lot of the webpages are buggy and so may not be showing all the deals, I can’t say that I found anything overly exciting.
Here are some of the better roundtrip travel fares I’ve found:
Companion Business Class Fares (2 people booking)
- Bangkok – €1,239 – from Venice (link to deal)
- Bangkok – €1,345 – from Prague (link to deal)
- Chiang Mai – €1,529 – from Berlin (link to deal)
- Cape Town – €1,769 – from Berlin (link to deal)
- Guangzhou – €1,455 – from Prague (link to deal)
- Hong Kong – €1,645 – from Prague (link to deal)
- Kuala Lumpur – €1,389 – from Berlin (link to deal)
- Singapore – €1,639 – from Milan (link to deal)
- Singapore – €1,779 – from Berlin (link to deal)
- Sydney – €2,570 – from Prague (link to deal)
- Windhoek – €1,429 – from Frankfurt (link to deal)
Single Person Business Class Fares
- Delhi – €1,129 – from Dublin (link to deal)
- Bangkok – €1,289 – from Venice (link to deal)
- Bangkok – €1,430 – from Oslo (link to deal)
- Bangkok – €1,400 – from Prague (link to deal)
- Guangzhou – €1,515 – from Prague (link to deal)
- Hong Kong – €1,710 – from Prague (link to deal)
- Male (Maldives) – €1,869 from Rome (link to deal)
- Singapore – €1,699 – from Milan (link to deal)
- Singapore – €1,725 – from Oslo (link to deal)
- Sydney – €2,670 – from Prague (link to deal)
I haven’t noticed any fares that leap out at me as being great deals but if you’re looking to book a Business Class fare to Asia then it’s worth having a look through the promotion just in case something works for you.
The Delhi deal out of Dublin doesn’t look too bad (be aware that it won’t earn as many British Airways Tier Points as a lot of other fares) and the deal to Bangkok out of Venice is pretty good too (although that one has been around for a while and isn’t unique to this promotion) but unless I’m missing something the rest of the fares are pretty ordinary by Qatar Airways standards (which still makes them good by other airline’s standards).
If you are considering booking a Qatar Airways Business Class fare then make sure you check which aircraft you’ll be booking on to – not all Qatar Airways Business Class cabins are equal (read this blog post for more).
If anyone finds any good fares I haven’t highlighted (always a possibility) let us all know in the comments and, if it’s any good, I’ll add it to the post.