Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Qantas is sending out emails to members of its frequent flyer program offering double points on all eligible Qantas flights taken by 31 January 2020. On the face of things that sound pretty good…but there’s a catch.
The email I received has a subject line which reads “Fly to Australia, get 50% more Qantas Points” so, as my Qantas Frequent Flyer account is registered to my US address, this suggests that the emails are probbaly targeted to a US audience…but that’s not the main catch.
Here’s the text of the email:
There’s never been a better time to book with Qantas. For a limited time, you’ll be rewarded with 50% more Qantas Points on eligible flights with a QF flight number on your ticket.*
You can enjoy this offer on an unlimited number of flights booked in the next 7 days so it’s a great way to help get your points balance soaring.
Simply register and make a new booking between 3 October 2019 and 9 October 2019 for travel from 3 October 2019 to 31 January 2020. And don’t forget to include your Frequent Flyer membership number in your booking.
Only bookings made by 9 October 2019 will earn double points.
The full terms and conditions of this offer are published at the end of this post but here’s a summary of the more important things you need to know:
- The offer is targeted as the link in the email led directly to a page confirming my registration – no data input was necessary so the link already contained all my info.
- Bookings must be made by 9 October 2019
- Travel must be completed by 31 January 2020
- Existing bookings made before registration will not count towards this promotion.
- Eligible flights are flights booked with a QF flight number which means that partner airline flights (e.g American Airlines flights) booked through Qantas will earn double points.
- Base points are doubled – elite bonuses remain unchanged
If you haven’t seen an email from Qantas offering you the chance to earn double poits I suggest you search your inboxes for emails from the airline and emails with “get 50% more Qantas Points” in the subject line.
Overall, it’s nice to be targeted for an offer to earn 50% more points on future Qantas flights but it’s a shame that the offer is as niche as it is.
Thanks to the booking limitations I’m almost certainly not going to be able to make the most of this promotion but hopefully it may help a few readers out.
Full Terms & Conditions Per Qantas
You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn or redeem Qantas Points. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions.
* An eligible flight for the purpose of this promotion means any Qantas marketed flight with a QF flight number on your ticket where Qantas Points are normally earned. 50% more Qantas Points will not be earned on some fare types and booking classes including Classic Flight Rewards. See Airline Earning Tables for details. This offer is valid when you register and make a new eligible flight booking within the promotional dates stated in the email. This bonus offer applies to travel taken by the recipient of this offer only (regardless of other passengers in the same booking), and is not transferable. Each passenger must register separately to be eligible for the offer. Bonus Qantas Points may take up to 6 weeks after completion of travel to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Flights are subject to availability and any applicable fare conditions. Flights can be booked via the Qantas website, a travel agent or Qantas Contact Centres. Fees may apply. Your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number must be recorded at the time of registration and booking to earn bonus Qantas Points. Bonus Qantas Points are based on the Base Rate which applies, or the Minimum Points Guarantee if applicable and for the purpose of this promotion does not include any Status Bonus that may apply for tier members. This bonus offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer by Qantas. Only one bonus Qantas Points offer can be used per individual qualifying segment of your itinerary. If you qualify for multiple bonus offers, the offer first registered for will be applied to each individual qualifying segment. Full or part travel of an itinerary is eligible only if you book and travel within the promotional dates as stated in the email. If you change or cancel your initial qualifying booking and/or travel is completed outside the promotional period, this bonus offer will not apply.