Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Earlier I wrote about a new targeted offer that has appeared today in which Amex is offering select cardholders a discount for stays at some Waldorf Astoria, Cornard, and LXR hotels. This, therefore, seems like a good time to remind readers that another promotion is also available for select stays at these properties and that both deals can be stacked.
This second deal has been around for at least a couple of years and while its headline suggests that it offers a 4th night free on stays at Waldorf Astoria, Conrad & LXR Properties around the world, the deal can actually be a little better than that.
- Offer valid for stays at participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, and Conrad Hotels & Resorts and is subject to availability and the selected hotel’s booking terms and conditions.
- Offer requires three-day advance reservation, a minimum stay of four (4) consecutive nights and a maximum stay of seven (7) consecutive nights.
- Each hotel has a policy addressing cancellations and/or blackout dates that may apply. Blackout dates, early departure fees, and deposit and cancellation restrictions may apply and vary by hotel.
- Rates will vary based on individual hotels and specific travel dates selected. Unless otherwise stated, quoted rates are per room per night, based on single/double occupancy and do not include taxes, gratuities, incidental charges and resort fees (if applicable).
- Participating hotels are subject to change without notice.
- This offer is not applicable to existing reservations or group bookings, and may not be combined with other select promotions, discounts or offers.
- To reserve this package by phone, please contact us at 1-800-HILTONS if in the USA/Canada, or view a complete list of Hilton local reservation offices. When booking, you must book the “LRM Extra Night” package or Plan Code “PBBOG1” to receive all package benefits.
- Complimentary fourth night is non-transferable and must be consumed during same stay in which it was earned.
- Complimentary night includes room rate, tax in same category room as paid night(s) and does not include gratuities, resort fees or incidental charges.
- The value of fourth night stay will be applied as a discount to the daily rate paid for all consumed nights as a discount of 25% off nightly rate, which relates to the hotel’s Best Available Rate,(“”BAR””), which is a specific rate type that varies depending on time of purchase, is unrestricted, non-qualified and excludes discount or negotiated rates.
- Early departures will forfeit complimentary night(s) and rate discount not earned on nights consumed.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
Booking the promotion
The promotion page appears to focus on getting guests to call up to book this deal but it can be booked online too.
On the main Hilton webpage, anyone wishing to make the most of this 4th-night free promotion should do the following:
- Enter your preferred destination in the search box.
2. Click on the “special rates” button.
3. Type “PBBOG1” into the promotion code box that should now have opened up.
4. Click on “Find a Hotel”
The search results that now appear will include all the properties available at your chosen location but the properties offering the 4th-night free should all show “LRM Extra Night” under the nightly rate.
If you don’t see a property (that’s part of a participating brand) offering the “LRM Extra Night” rate it probably means that it has either sold out that rate for your chosen nights or that the dates you have chosen cover the hotel’s blackout dates.
87 properties around the world are participating in this promotion so that should cover pretty much all of the Conrad, LXR, and Waldorf Astoria properties in Hilton’s portfolio (yes, the properties in the Maldives, Seychelles, and Bora Bora are participating too).
Interestingly, although Hilton is promoting this deal as a “4th-night free” offer, the promotion is actually a little better than that – guests are being offered 25% off the best flexible rate for stays of between 4 and 7 nights.
Here, for example, is the pricing for a 7-stay at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island where the promotional rate is $1,490 per night and the regular flexible rate is $1,983/night and you don’t have to be a mathematician to work out that $1,490 is $1,983 with a 25% discount applied.
Had the promotion just been offering a 4th-night free, the total cost of the 7-night stay would have been $11,898 (6* $1,983) or ~$1,700/night. As it is, the nightly cost is considerably lower.
Of course, it’s important to point out that the discount on offer isn’t a true 25% discount because all Hilton Honors members could book the discounted nightly rate of $1,884 (that makes the promotional discount approximately 21%), but that shouldn’t detract from the fact that this is still a very nice saving to be offered.
Hilton continues to run a very good promotion in which it’s effectively offering a 25% discount on stays of 4 to 7 nights at Conrad, Waldorf Astoria, and LXR properties around the world. This promotion should stack nicely with the Conrad/Waldorf/LXR targeted offer that Amex published earlier today so if you’re considering a stay at an eligible property, make sure you make the most of these deals if you can.