Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
American Express has published a new targeted offer that’s similar to an offer we saw running earlier this year and which will probably be of interest to anyone planning a Marriott stay in the next few months. This latest offer is valid through 9 October and could save you up to 20% on your next Marriott stay.
Spend $300 and get $60 back at Marriott
Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $300 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean from 7/15/2022 to 10/9/2022.
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
- Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy App, or by calling 1-888-236-2427.
- Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Marriott Grand Residence Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International, Vistana Signature Network and Vistana Residence Network.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy® points.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Marriott Bonvoy® property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $300 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Card Member Agreement.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/9/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
If you’re considering booking a trip within North America or the Caribbean before the end of the year this is a nice offer to be targeted for. A $60 discount on $300 of spending is a solid 20% rebate and although a lot of people will no doubt exceed that spending target by some distance, someone taking the time to research prices and who’s not looking to book Marriott’s higher-end properties should be able to get very close to that level of rebate.
Before you book make sure you’ve read through all the terms and conditions carefully as there are a few things that could trip people up:
- Bookings at properties outside North America, the US Territories, and the Caribbean will not trigger this rebate.
- Bookings at Marriott Vacation Club properties and Design Hotel properties (and a few others) will not trigger this statement credit.
- Bookings with Marriott’s Homes & Villas program will not trigger this statement credit although is are a separate Amex offer for villa bookings running in parallel to this one (link)
- The $300 spending requirement will have to be reached in one stay as there’s nothing in the terms and conditions to suggest that the $300 can be earned cumulatively across more than one stay.
- The Amex card to which you load this offer must be charged $300 (or more) by 9 October 2022 for this offer to be triggered.
As far as the Amex credit cards go, hopefully, you’ve had this offer targeted to a Marriott Bonvoy co-branded credit card like the card_name (review) which will earn you 6 Bonvoy Points/dollar spent at whichever Marriott property you book (terms apply), but be aware that I’m not seeing this offer on my Marriott co-branded card so this may not be an option.
If you haven’t been targeted for this offer on a Bonvoy co-branded credit card, another great option would be the card_name which will return 3 Membership Rewards Points/dollar on all travel spending (terms apply), and depending on how you value Membership Rewards Points and Bonvoy Points, it may even offer you the better return.
Note: All information about the American Express® Green Card has been collected independently by Traveling For Miles. The American Express® Green Card is not currently available through Traveling For Miles.
American Express is currently targeting cardholders for $60 of savings when they spend a minimum of $300 at participating Marriott properties in North America and the Caribbean by 9 October 2022. With a wide array of properties to choose from, this should be an easy offer to lock in for anyone considering making a stay with Marriott in the next few months.