Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Embattled low-cost carrier Norwegian has launched a UK sale offering discounts on flights between London and various cities within Europe as well as on flights between London and destinations in the US and South America. Short-haul fares start from £28.90 (one-way) while flights to the US start at £134.90 (one-way).
- Bookings must be made by 23:59 BST on 16 September 2019
- Officially, the sale fares are available between 1 November and 31 March 2019 but in practice, the sale fares are available to select destinations before and past these dates.
Here are the fares Norweigan is currently promoting:
Short-Haul From London Gatwick:
- Alicante from £28.90 one-way
- Barcelona from £28.90 one-way
- Madrid from £28.90 one-way
- Malaga from £28.90 one-way
- Gran Canaria from £39.90 one-way
- Tenerife from £39.90 one-way
- Rovaniemi from £39.90 one-way
Long-Haul From London Gatwick
- Boston from £134.90 one-way
- Los Angeles from £159.90 one-way
- Miami from £154.90 one-way
- New York from £134.90 one-way
- Orlando from £154.90 one-way
- San Francisco from £159.90 one-way
- Tampa from £154.90 one-way
- Buenos Aires from £239.90 one-way
- Rio de Janeiro from £199.90 one-way
There are a few important things to note:
- Don’t assume the cost of a roundtrip fare will be double the one-way fare. Departures out of the UK generally cost more than departures out of Europe, the US or South America so a roundtrip fare can often cost substantially less than double the one-way fare out of London.
- The fares being advertized are hand baggage only fares and are for a very basic level of service. A 10kg carry-on bag and a small personal item are included in the fare but customers will be charged extra for checked luggage, seat selections or meals.
- Don’t assume that because Norwegian is a “Low-Cost Carrier” that these are the cheapest deals you’ll find. Make sure you make the use of various flight search websites (Google Flights, Kayak, etc…) to see what the competition is offering – you may be surprised at how competitive some of the full-service carriers can be.
Rio from £199 (one-way) looks to be the best long-haul deal on offer in this sale but it’s definitely worth shopping around when it comes to the other deals. £159.90 to LA looks tempting as does the same fare to San Francisco, but you’ll find airlines like United (to San Francisco) and American (to Los Angeles) offering similar or even lower fares on select dates so it’s well worth doing some research to make sure you’re getting the best deal.