Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
The latest Hyatt Bonus Journeys promotion only launched yesterday but Hyatt’s already following it up with another offer for travelers looking to book stays through mid-September. While Bonus Journeys focuses on World of Hyatt points, this promotion focuses on discounts and free nights.
Hyatt says that it’s hoping to inspire travel “from mountain getaways and seaside escapes to city excursions and everywhere in between” with its latest promotion which sees over 900 properties across the world offering free nights (e.g. stay 3 nights get the 4 night free) and discounts of up to 25% (World of Hyatt members can expect higher discounts).
- Offer valid for qualifying reservations made between 2 March and 2 April 2021 at participating hotels.
- Valid for stays with a check-in date between 3 March and 12 September 2021.
- Offer must be booked on Hyatt.com, via a Hyatt Global Contact Center, or by contacting your personal travel professional and requesting the then-available offer (if any).
- One night’s deposit may be required and bookings made under these offers may be cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations must be made at least 1 day prior to your stay.
- Percent Off Offering: If the published offer includes a discount off the room rate, such discount is off the Standard Rate and applies to room rate only.
- Free Night Offering: If the published offer includes a free night, the Guest must use the free night during the stay in which it is earned. Free night is only available for consecutive night stays that meet the minimum stay requirement. Consecutive nights at the same hotel are considered one stay even if the guest checks out and back in. Guest will forfeit any unused portions of this offer. Free night will be forfeited if you depart early or otherwise do not meet the minimum stay requirements outlined in the published offer. Book the complete stay and the free night will be adjusted at the time of booking; no further discounts will be made. The complimentary night is available with each eligible consecutive paid night stay for the requisite amount of time.
- World of Hyatt points and night credits will not be awarded for the free night (if applicable).
- General Terms Applicable to All Offers: Offer not valid at Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Residence Club, Miraval, MGM, UrCove, and Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
This post is being written before the promotion officially goes live (at 08:00 ET on 2 March) so a number of properties aren’t yet showing their offers, luckily, Hyatt has provided some example deals that select properties will be publishing and I’ve added in a few deals that I’ve found on my own.
- Grand Hyatt Vail (Colorado) – 25% off stay, based on availability.
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino (Nevada) – 15% off stay, based on availability.
- Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen (Mexico) – 25% off stay, based on availability.
- Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas (California)* – 10% off stay, based on availability.
- Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico) – Enjoy the third night free, based on availability.
- Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo by Hyatt (Costa Rica) – Enjoy fifth night free, based on availability.
- The Confidante, Miami Beach, in The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Florida) – 10% off stay, based on availability.
- Hotel 50 Bowery, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (New York City) – Enjoy the fourth night free, based on availability.
- Andaz West Hollywood (Los Angeles) – 20% off stay, based on availability.
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort Spa and Casino (Aruba) – Enjoy the fourth night free + breakfast, based on availability.
- Carmel Valley Ranch (California) – Enjoy the third night free, based on availability.
- Grand Hyatt Washington (Washington D.C.) – 20% off stay, based on availability.
*Expected to open on 17 March 2021
It’s hard to pass judgment on the promotion with the limited amount of information available (at the time of writing) but from what I can see, the value on offer will probably vary considerably from property to property.
I don’t see an offer of a 10% discount getting anyone particularly excited (even if World of Hyatt members get a little extra on top), but a discount of 20% (plus whatever discount World of Hyatt members get) will be well worth having and a free night is always very welcome…especially if it’s at a property like the Carmel Valley Ranch.
Overall, there will be some very nice deals in this promotion just as there will be a few deals that make you wonder why they bothered so it will be up to us to find the value. Personally, I’ll be ignoring any property where the discount on offer is below 20% and I’ll be doing my best to hunt out the properties with the better free night offers (the 3rd night free at the Carmel Valley Ranch is looking very tempting right now).
Note: The terms and conditions of the offer state that travel professionals will be able to access these deals so if you’re booking any of the high-end properties, it may be worth checking if an agent with access to Hyatt Privé bookings can stack whatever the Privé offers are with the latest Hyatt offers – you may be able to stack free night offers.
Hyatt is launching a new promotion today in which over 900 properties are offering a variety of deals that include discounts of between 10% and 25% and free nights on multiple night bookings. All reservations need to be made by 2 April but stays don’t have to be completed before 12 September 2021.
Featured image: Carmel Valley Ranch courtesy of Hyatt