Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Last week, British Airways launched its latest sale in which it’s offering some fantastic First Class and Business Class long-haul deals out of the UK, and in which it’s offering some incredibly cheap short-haul Business Class fares that will earn flyers 160 Tier Points in just one roundtrip. Also in this sale (this is an aspect I haven’t touched on so far) are a number of deals available from British Airways Holidays which shouldn’t go unnoticed.
Save Up To £100 On British Airways Holidays
For flight + hotel or flight + car bookings made by 8 September 2020, British Airways is now offering additional discounts based on the total cost of the booking:
- £100 extra discount with a minimum spend of £2,500 per booking.
- £50 extra discount with a minimum spend of £1,250 per booking.
- £25 extra discount with a minimum spend of £650 per flight + car booking only.
These savings are limited to specific date ranges depending on the destination:
- Select European & Caribbean destinations: Get these savings on travel between 1 October and 31 December 2020.
- All destinations: Get these savings on travel between 1 January and 31 August 2021.
There is no special code needed to trigger these savings, the discount will be applied automatically as you search.
See full details of this offer on this British Airways page.
Get Up To €350 In Resort Credits At Select European Marriott Properties
British Airways is offering between €100 and €350 in resort credits at some VERY nice Marriott properties in Europe…but a minimum stay of 7-nights is needed in most cases (some properties in Italy are offering a resort credit for stays of just 2-nights).
Here are a few examples of the properties that are participating:
- Parklane, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa (Paphos, Cyprus)
- Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection (Crete, Greece)
- Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort (Corfu, Greece)
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa (Crete, Greece)
- Pine Cliffs Hotel, a Luxury Collection Resort (Algrave, Portugal)
- Penha Longa Resort (Lisbon, Portugal)
- The Ritz-Carlton Abama (Tenerife, Spain)
- W Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain)
- The St. Regis Venice (Venice, Italy)
- Hotel Danielli, a Luxury Collection Hotel (Venice, Italy)
- The Griti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel (Venice, Italy)
Be aware that not all properties are offering the resort credit for the same date ranges so check carefully before making any bookings.
The full list of participating properties can be found on this British Airways page.
Get Lounge Access With Select Holiday Bookings
If you don’t have Sapphire Status with a oneworld airline (e.g. British Airways Silver), if you’re not booking a Business Class or First Class fare, and if you don’t have a Priority Pass membership, under normal conditions, you probably won’t have access to an airport lounge access before you fly. However, during this sale, select British Airways Holidays bookings are offering access to the Galleries Club Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 5.
To be given lounge access at Heathrow T5 these are the conditions BA has set down:
Spend over £1,000pp (Short Haul) or £1,500pp (Long Haul) on a flight + hotel package for 7+ nights for travel between 3 September and 24 December 2020 (inclusive). This is based on two people traveling and bookings must be made at least five days before travel.
British Airways is now offering savings of up to £100 on holiday bookings made by 8 September and it’s also offering resort credits of up to €350 on flight + hotel bookings that include some of the best Marriott properties in Europe. For travelers without oneworld status and who are not traveling in a premium cabin, British Airways also has an offer for lounge access at London Heathrow based on the cost of their booking.