Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Marriott is currently running a promotion in which it’s offering a free room upgrade and a nightly credit of up to €50 to offset any resort fees when travelers book a stay at one or more of the 47 participating Marriott properties….and some of the participating properties are very nice indeed.
Marriott’s ‘Experience The Extraordinary” Promotion
Headline Terms & Conditions
- Offer valid for reservations booked by 5 April 2019
- Stay between 1 April & 30 June 2019 and 1 September & 30 October 2019.
- Must quote promotional code to receive offer
- Promotional codes are ZX0 for standard rates and MRP for member rates
- Resort credit is per night stayed and cannot be used towards room rate, taxes, or resort fee; cannot be used toward future stays.
- Resort credit is applicable to on-property hotel-operated outlets.
- Room upgrade is complimentary only when booking this offer to stay between specified date range at participating resorts in Europe.
- Room upgrade is valid for the next available room level.
- Full prepayment is required at the time of booking.
- Bookings are non-amendable and non-refundable if cancelled more than 1 day after booking.
- Offer does not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms.
- Promotion cannot be combined with any other offer and has no cash value.
- Offer may be applied to one regular room per stay, per member, based on double occupancy on dates listed.
Here are the 47 participating properties listed by country and, as you’ll see, in at least one or two cases the definition of ‘Europe’ has been expanded a little….at least geographically speaking.
- Schloss Fuschl, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Fuschlsee-Salzburg
- Sheraton Fuschlsee-Salzburg, Hotel Jagdhof
- Park Chalet, Shahdag, Autograph Collection
- Pik Palace, Shahdag, Autograph Collection
- Sheraton Dubrovnik Riviera Hotel
- Le Méridien Lav, Split
- Parklane, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Limassol
- Paragraph Resort & Spa Shekvetili, Autograph Collection
- Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu
- Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection
- Domes Noruz Chania, Autograph Collection
- Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos
- The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort, Costa Navarino
- The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino
- Sheraton Rhodes Resort
- Powerscourt Hotel, Autograph Collection
- Cristallo, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Cortina d’Ampezzo
- Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Lake Como Hotel
- Hotel Cala di Volpe, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Costa Smeralda
- Hotel Pitrizza, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Costa Smeralda
- Hotel Romazzino, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Costa Smeralda
- Cervo Hotel, Costa Smeralda Resort
- Falisia, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Portopiccolo
- JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
- Le Méridien Beach Plaza
- Sopot Marriott Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Sopot Hotel
- Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort, Algarve
- Pine Cliffs Ocean Suites, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Algarve
- Pine Cliffs Hotel, a Luxury Collection Resort, Algarve
- Praia D’El Rey Marriott Golf & Beach Resort
- Penha Longa Resort
- Sochi Marriott Krasnaya Polyana Hotel
- The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella
- W Barcelona
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
- Hotel AC Baqueira Ski Resort, Autograph Collection
- Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel
- Le Méridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa
- Sheraton La Caleta Resort & Spa, Costa Adeje, Tenerife
- The Ritz-Carlton, Abama
- W Verbier
- Caresse, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Bodrum
- Trump Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland
- Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
This promotion has been running for a while but I only just noticed it (sorry!) courtesy of a tweet from TPG.
Some of these properties are at the very high end of the Marriott spectrum (Domes of Elounda, Schloss Fuschl, Hotel Romazzino etc…) and so won’t be cheap to book and that’s why the room upgrade could be quite useful….especially if you’re traveling as a young family.
It’s possible that the entry-level rooms at some of these properties won’t be big enough for some travelers’ needs while the next room up on the scale would work ok…and that’s not a problem when you can book and entry-level room and get the next level up for free.
Overall this isn’t necessarily a promotion that’s going to make a lot of people reconsider their plans (or make new ones) but, if you’re planning on a visit to Europe at a time which coincides with the promotion period, this could be a nice way to upgrade your trip.
Featured Image: The Ritz-Carlton, Abama – image courtesy of Marriott