Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
The welcome bonus on the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card has now been changed from a bonus that offered three free nights to a bonus that offers 125,000 Bonus Points & a free night certificate. On balance, I think the new bonus has more going for it and should be considerably easier to use to maximum effect.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
I’m not going to go into great detail about what the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card offers as you can read all about that in this review. What I *will* do in this post is offer an overview of what the card offers and discuss the new welcome bonus that the card now offers.
Current Welcome Bonus
**This is the highest welcome offer that we have ever seen on this card**
Note: Make sure you read the paragraph on who is eligible to apply for this card and who is eligible for this welcome bonus which you’ll find at the end of this post.
- 6 points/dollar at Marriott Bonvoy properties worldwide
- 2 points/dollar on all other purchases
- Receive a free award night valid at properties costing up to 35,000 points/night on every card anniversary
- 15 elite nights credit towards status
- Earn Bonvoy Gold status when you spend $35,000 on the card each account year
- No foreign transaction fees
The Welcome Offer
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card (review) is currently offering successful new applicants 125,000 Bonus Points and a Free Night Certificate (worth up to 50,000 points) after they spend $5,000 on their new card in the first three months after they open their account.
For reference, below is the Marriott Bonvoy award chart, and from it, you should be able to see that the free night certificate would be able to book a stay at any Category 1 – 5 property regardless of the season, any Category 6 property during standard and off-peak seasons, and any Category 7 property using off-peak season only.
The 125,000 point welcome offer is the highest points offer that we’ve seen on the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card so even though the spending requirement that goes alongside the welcome offer is now back up to $5,000, this is a great offer to see published.
I value Marriott Bonvoy points at 0.6 cents each (based on the value that I know I can get out of them with relative ease) and that would value the offer at $750. That’s clearly a great deal for a card that costs just $95/year to hold, but there’s more value to be had here.
125,000 bonus points are more than enough for a single night at any Marriott property in the world regardless of the season and that single night alone can cost more than $750, but the better value is probably to be had by booking multiple nights at great properties that cost a little less (points-wise).
There are some very good Marriott Bonvoy properties around the world at which a room can be booked for just 60,000 points per night regardless of the season (e.g. the Westin Hapuna Beach Resort on Hawaii, The Ritz-Carlton Abama in Spain, the Renaissance Esmerelda Resort and Spa in Indian Wells, and the St Regis Singapore, to name just a few), and as these are properties at which room rates frequently exceed $400 per night, the points element of the welcome could easily garner a guest $1,000 in value while leaving them with 5,000 points in change.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card (review) is a very solid card for anyone who’s looking to earn the maximum number of points on their Marriott stays without splashing out on a $450/year credit card and it’s also the cheapest card that can be paired with the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (review) to give a cardholder an impressive boost towards valuable elite status every year.
Right now, the Boundless Card is offering successful new applicants a welcome offer of 125,000 Bonus Points and a Free Night Certificate (worth up to 50,000 points) which, as Marriott welcome bonuses go, is pretty impressive. We haven’t been told how long this new welcome offer will be around for so if this is a card that you think will benefit you, now is probably a very good time to apply.
Current holders of the following cards are ineligible for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card:
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold credit card (review)
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards Premier Plus)
- Marriott Bonvoy Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards Premier)
Former holders of these three cards who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months are also ineligible for this offer.
In addition, the welcome bonus is not available to applicants who:
- Are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of the Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express);
- Are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
- Applied and were approved for the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.
Make sure you check these restrictions carefully before submitting an application.