Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Marriott has announced a new offering which it’s calling “Escape to Luxury” and in which guests can make the most of “singular experiences” at a variety of luxury properties in North America, the Caribbean, and Latin America which celebrate each unique destination, and which can be paid for (in part or in full) by up to $300 in credits that the properties are offering.
Here’s how Marriott describes its Escape to Luxury product:
Launching at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis Hotels & Resorts, and EDITION properties, Escape to Luxury with Marriott Bonvoy will be an ongoing offer available for a limited time each month to both Marriott Bonvoy members and non-members as a way to enhance their trips and vacations.
Launching this September, Escape to Luxury with Marriott Bonvoy celebrates the luxury portfolio’s unparalleled offerings with access to a range of highly coveted immersive activities, differentiating amenities and singular experiences that celebrate each unique destination. Members and guests are encouraged to book directly on Marriott.com to take full advantage of this promotion, which features a credit of up to $300 at select properties with a two-night stay.
Marriott has provided a link to the page it will be using to promote its Escape to Luxury offers but, at the time of writing, there don’t appear to be any bookable deals. Presumably, the deals will be loaded in the coming days.
These are the general examples Marriott is providing to give guests an indication of what’s going to be on offer…
…and the press release offers up these more specific examples of what we can expect:
- Holistic and indigenous spa treatments using local Tuscan gemstones at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain
- Golfing along the Northern California coastline at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
- Access to Ambassadors of the Environment programming, which invites travelers to enjoy the vibrant natural ecosystems of the world through activities such as snorkeling excursions at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua.
St. Regis examples:
- The St. Regis Aspen will give participating guests access to a private sabering lesson and demonstration, a signature ritual of the brand.
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort will provide guests with a private dinner on the beach or they will be able to embark on a kayak tour with the resort’s on-site ‘green team’ to learn about the surrounding ecology and local wildlife.
- At The Miami Beach EDITION, guests can enjoy a dining experience in the iconic Matador Room with menus by world-renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, or enjoy a customized facial at the hotel’s spa that features the healing powers of precious stones.
Some (not all) of these options sound interesting, but it’s impossible to say just how good or bad these packages are going to be until we see some pricing and until we get a few more facts of exactly what’s being offered for the money guests will be expected to pay.
At some point later this month, Marriott Bonvoy will be offering “Escape to Luxury” packages at Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, and EDITION properties in North America, the Caribbean, and Latin America. Pricing for these packages doesn’t appear to have been announced yet but it should be live in the next few days.
Featured Image: Miami Beach EDITION courtesy of Marriott