Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Marriott is currently running a sale in which it’s offering up to 40% off its standard rates on weekend stays in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. The sale runs through 30 November so there are still a few days in which to do some research and to book but don’t leave things too late as there are a limited number of rooms available at the promotional rates.
- Book by 30 November 2020
- Stay by 10 January 2021
- In Europe and Africa, the offer is available on weekend stays at participating hotels Thursday through Sunday ( a Friday or Saturday night stay may be required)
- In the Middle East, the offer is available on weekend stays at participating hotels Wednesday through Saturday (a Thursday or Friday night stay may be required)
- This offer is not available at the following brands: EDITION, Ritz-Carlton, The Luxury Collection, St. Regis, Bulgari, Marriott Vacation Club, and Design Hotels.
- To be eligible for the offer, bookings must be made using the following promotion code: QRI.
- Bonvoy Members get 40% off the Standard Rate at the time of booking
- Non Members get 35% off the Standard Rate at the time of booking
- Limited rooms available at the promotional rates
- Pre-payment required at the time of booking
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
I have to admit that there’s quite a bit not to like here because Marriott has made this sale annoyingly restrictive. Some of Marriott’s top-end brands are excluded, not all hotels are participating, the promotional discounts are only available on weekend stays and the rates are only valid through 10 January 2021 so it doesn’t look like Marriott is making much of an effort here.
Still, having said all of that, if you can make the parameters of this sale fit your needs you can find some very good deals in this sale. Properties like the JW Marriott Grosvenor House London, the Le Méridien Visconti Rome, the W Abu Dhabi Yas Island, the JW Marriott Muscat, and the Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers are all offering 40% off their Standard Rates so there are some good options available if you’re looking to get some sun or just planning a city-break.
Marriott is offering a 40% discount on weekend rates at select properties in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. With a lot of Marriott’s luxury properties excluded from this sale it’s a lot less exciting than it could have been but, with a number of JW Marriott properties participating and with one or two W properties participating too, there’s still scope to plan a very good (and very economical) break.