Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
JetBlue has launched a new sale in which it’s offering travelers a free companion flight when they purchase a flight + hotel package by Monday, 8 February.
- Use Promo code BOGO3 when booking
- A minimum hotel stay of 3 nights is required
- Bookings have to be for a minimum of 2 people per room
- Taxes and fees will have to be paid on the companion fare
- This promotion does not apply to JetBlue’s Mint Business Class
- Promo code BOGO3 is valid until 2/8/21 (11:59 PM ET) for one free roundtrip flight when purchasing a second roundtrip flight.
- Both roundtrip flights must be purchased as part of a JetBlue Vacations package (flights + hotel) for travel 2/12 – 9/7/21.
- Minimum 2 people per room and minimum 3-night hotel stay required.
- Customer is responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- All JetBlue Vacations packages include Blue Fare.
- This discount does not apply to Mint fares or the Best Price Guarantee.
- For discount to apply, both departing/returning flight and hotel stay must be within the eligible travel period.
- Limit of one discounted booking per person per JetBlue Vacations destination.
- Promo code (case-sensitive) is valid towards one JetBlue Vacations package purchase only and cannot be applied for taxes/fees, baggage fees or any other product or service.
- Promo code cannot be combined with other offers, cannot be split over multiple bookings, cannot be partially redeemed, has no cash value, and is not redeemable for cash.
- Promo code valid for new JetBlue Vacations purchases only; not valid for the following: travel booked before this Promotion commenced, TrueBlue points or a combination of TrueBlue points and monetary payment, partner or codeshare or interline flights including JetBlue flights when at least one segment is operated by a partner airline, or any other product or service.
- Any changes to bookings made in accordance with this Promotion must be made by 11:59 PM ET on 2/8/21 to still receive the discount and any changes/cancellations after 2/8/21 or that otherwise do not comply with Promo code terms will result in the discount being forfeited.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the sale page.
As with all flight + hotel package offers, make sure you price up how much your trip would cost if you were to book the flights and hotel separately as just because JetBlue is offering a free companion flight doesn’t mean that its package will be the cheapest deal on offer. It may be the cheapest deal but there’s no guarantee.
Be aware that if even if you search for your flights and hotel from the sale page, the prices that you will see quoted will not include the promotional discount.
When I priced up a 7-night trip to Aruba (from New York) I got all the way to the trip summary page (after having chosen flights and a hotel) and JetBlue was still showing the undiscounted cost (because JetBlue doesn’t automatically add the promo code even if you search from the sale page).
It was only after I clicked on “continue to checkout” and entered BOGO3 in the promo code box…
…that JetBlue showed the saving and the total cost of the trip with the discount applied.
For some trips the cost of a second flight may be insignificant, but if you’re planning a trip to Mexico or the more popular parts of the Caribbean, the savings can be very worthwhile.
Note: If you’re considering making a booking for travel outside of the United States make sure you check what your chosen destination’s current entry rules are (you’ll almost certainly need to show proof of a negative Covid test), and keep in mind that most people will need to show proof of a negative Covid test in order to travel back to the US.
Do your research before you depart and make sure you’re aware of what facilities are available at your destination for travelers who need a Covid test before they depart (Hyatt’s offer of free Covid tests in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean may be useful).
JetBlue has launched a new sale in which it’s offering travelers a free companion flight when they purchase a flight + hotel package. Bookings must be made by Monday, 8 February for travel between 12 February and 7 September 2021.
Featured image: The Ritz-Carlton Cancun