Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
2019 has been a significant year for TAP Air Portugal as it refreshes its fleet with new widebody A330 and narrowbody. Alongside the new aircraft, the airline has introduced two new Business Class cabins and expanded its transatlantic route network to include cities like Chicago and San Francisco.
From a flyer standpoint, it’s been interesting to watch TAP offer some exceptionally good Business Class fares across the Atlantic this year and it’s been great to see the airline frequently offering discounts of between 5% 10% as it looks to build awareness of what it offers.
The last TAP Air Portugal promo code ended at the end of July (and was for a 5% discount), but now the airline is back with a new and improved promo code that offers 10% off most TAP Air Portugal flights…and Business Class fares are included.
Get 10% Off TAP Air Portugal Flights
Here’s what you need to know:
- The discount code is TAP10FLY0109. Clicking the code will lead you to a search page in which the code is pre-applied. You can also choose to visit the FlyTAP webpage and enter the code manually.
- The discount code is valid for flyers based in the United States, Brazil, and the United Kingdom.
- The TAP discount code will work for any route that TAP Air Portugal serves regardless of the country or region or where the trip starts or terminates.
- The code will not work for TAP’s ‘Discount’ Economy Class (hand baggage only fares)
- The code is valid for bookings made between 19 August and 1 September 2019 (the code will cease to work at after 23:59 GMT on 1 September).
- There are no set travel dates that have to be adhered to for the discount to work – all bookings through the end of the current booking period will be discounted by 10% (with the exception of hand baggage only fares).
One of the big selling points for TAP is that it often offers very good Business Class fares across the Atlantic and, when such deals are being promoted, TAP also offers very good one-way fares too (usually half the price of a roundtrip fare).
This can be particularly useful to flyers who only have enough miles/points for a one-way award and who don’t want to pay the outrageous prices that most legacy airlines charge for long-haul one-way fares.
How To Use The Code
You can either follow the direct Promo Code link to the TAP website (doing so will lead you to a search page where the code is already loaded) or you can choose to visit the TAP airfare search page and enter the code manually from there.
I suggest you give the main TAP homepage a wide berth as it isn’t particularly user-friendly when it comes to applying discount codes so the options listed above are the better/easier way to go.
If you decide to manually enter in the code this is how to go about it.
Head to the TAP airfare search page (see the screenshot below).
Populate the search boxes in the usual manner, and then scroll down the page where you’ll find the box giving you the option to add a promotion code (the text box for the code opens up when you place a checkmark in the small box).
Note: Don’t attempt to add the TAP10FLY0109 code to your airfare search as a “voucher” as that will just result in you seeing an error message.
You’ll know that the promo code has been successfully applied as the website will confirm as much when you price-up a fare:
The TAP discount code may be limited to users in the US, UK, and Brazil but at least the flights can originate and terminate anywhere TAP flies.
If you’re not based in one of the three countries targeted for the discount code it’s entirely possible that you may be able to get around this restriction simply by using the US/UK/Brazilian TAP Air Portugal websites.
I have no idea if you’ll be required to provide a US, UK, or Brazilian address when making your booking but it’s definitely worth a try.