Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
IHG has launched a promotion which may be of interest to anyone looking to book stays of 3 nights or longer at select InterContinental properties in Africa, Australia, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region.
In total there are 59 InterContinental properties taking part in IHG’s ‘Extend Your Stay. On Us” promotion (shown at the end of this post) which is offering guests a third night free for select bookings through 31 December 2019.
IHG Extend Your Stay. On Us
Headline Terms & Conditions
- Offer is valid with booking of 3 consecutive nights at our Best Flexible Rate in a Club InterContinental® room, suite or villa, and is subject to availability.
- Maximum stay length is 6 nights (which will include 2 complimentary nights).
- Book direct with InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts by 10 March 2019.
- IHG® Rewards Club Points cannot be used in conjunction with this offer.
- Complimentary night(s) must be used in conjunction with initial stay.
- Valid for stays commencing between 1 March 2019 and 31 December 2019 at participating InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts in the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Australiasia/Oceania and Africa – click here for details.
- Please note that InterContinental® Hayman Island does not offer InterContinental® Club lounge facilities but does provide Club InterContinental® privileges including gourmet breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening canapes.
- Tax and service charges apply.
- A deposit for 1 night of the stay is payable at the time of booking, and is non-refundable in the event of cancellation or no-show.
- Offer not applicable to group bookings of 10 or more rooms and cannot be combined with any other offer, including but not limited to InterContinental Ambassador’s complimentary weekend night certificate.
- Offer bookings qualify for IHG® Rewards Club Points.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
The three main things to look out for here are:
- You have to book an InterContinental Club room (or a higher rated room) to qualify for this promotion.
- You have to book the “best flexible rate”
- You cannot use the InterContinental Ambassador complimentary weekend night certificate in conjunction with this offer.
Still, despite those restrictions this looks like a very nice promotion and, because there’s no specific link that one has to book through, this should be stackable with the Citi Prestige Card’s 4th night free offer (as long as you use the Citi concierge service and not the web portal).
Hotels generally view Citi Concierge bookings in the same way as they view booking directly through their channels so I don’t see why the Prestige’s 4th benefit shouldn’t work – just make sure you tell the concierge that you’d like to book the “extend your stay on us” promotion or the “extend a night on us” promotion (I’ve seen it called both).
Make sure you check how much a stay at your chosen InterContinental should cost for the dates you have in mind and then you’ll know if the price being quoted by the Citi Concierge is in line with what you’d expect it to be.
Here’s an example of how the InterContinental website will show the cost:
Don’t forget to check just how much a regular room would cost before you go ahead and book this deal as you need to be sure that this is actually saving you cash – if you wouldn’t have ordinarily booked a room of this level and at a flexible rate you should be comparing the cost to to that of a basic room at an “advance purchase” rate.