Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
IHG is currently running two sales which are offering between 20% and 35% discount on properties in various regions of the world. The first sale is a ‘Global Sale‘ which has been running for a few weeks while the second sale launched just a few days ago and is limited to select IHG properties in Japan and the Asia-Pacific region.
IHG Global Sale – Save At Least 20%
- Save a minimum of 20% at select properties around the globe
- The Global Sale promotion is valid only for bookings made by 31 July 2019 using the “Global Sale” rate.
- All bookings must be consumed by 15 September 2019 at participating IHG® hotels and resorts.
- The discount is at least 20% off the Best Flexible Rate.
- IHG® Rewards Club members receive additional savings. Additional member discount varies by region.
- Booking must be made at least three (3) days in advance and requires non-refundable, full pre-payment for the entire stay at the time of booking.
- Discount varies by hotel and blackout dates apply.
- Rooms are subject to availability and certain room types may be excluded.
- Hotel policy varies in regards to the minimum length of stay required and number of guests allowed per room.
- Not applicable with other discounted rate promotions.
- Not applicable to group bookings.
- Hotel specific early departure fee applies.
- The Venetian® Resort Las Vegas and IHG® Army Hotels are excluded from the promotion.
IHG Japan/Asia-Pacific Sale – Save Up To 35%
- Rates are per room, per night and are subject to availability.
- The offer is valid for a minimum two- night stay.
- This offer is applicable for reservations made by 28 June 2019 for stays at participating hotels & resorts in Japan and Asia between June 13, 2019 and September 13, 2019.
- The offer is available for both non-members and members of IHG Rewards Club to take 25 % off from the Best Flexible Rate.
- You must be an IHG Rewards Club member to qualify for the additional 10% discount, which is up to 35% off the Best Flexible Rate.
- The offer is only applicable for online reservations.
- Final bill will be presented in local currency.
- Credit card surcharges apply.
- Blackout dates apply.
- Rates only applicable to participating hotels in Japan.
- Hotel policy varies in regard to the number of guests allowed per room. Please check with the hotel directly should you require further clarification.
- Offer is not valid to groups of 10 or more rooms and cannot be combined with any other special offer, including but not limited to InterContinental Ambassador’s complimentary weekend night certificate.
- At Holiday Inn, Kids 12 years and under stay for free sharing parent’s guest room in existing bedding and eat free from the all-day dining restaurant with an accompanying paying adult guest.
- Rates qualify for IHG® Rewards Club Points.
- Standard IHG® Rewards Club programme terms and conditions apply.
ANA Crowne Plaza Chitose
ANA Crowne Plaza Sapporo
ANA Holiday Inn Sapporo Susukino
ANA Holiday Inn Sendai
ANA Crowne Plaza Niigata
ANA Crowne Plaza Kanazawa
ANA Holiday Inn Kanazawa Sky
ANA Crowne Plaza Toyama
ANA Crowne Plaza Narita
ANA InterContinental Tokyo
InterContinental Tokyo Bay
InterContinental The Yokohama Grand
ANA Crowne Plaza Grand Court Nagoya
ANA Crowne Plaza Kyoto
ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka
ANA Crowne Plaza Kobe
ANA Crowne Plaza Okayama
ANA Crowne Plaza Hiroshima
ANA Crowne Plaza Matsuyama
ANA Crowne Plaza Yonago
ANA Crowne Plaza Ube
ANA Crowne Plaza Fukuoka
ANA Crowne Plaza Nagasaki Glover Hill
ANA Crowne Plaza Kumamoto New Sky
ANA Holiday Inn Resort Miyazaki
ANA Crowne Plaza Okinawa Harbourview
ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort
ANA InterContinental Ishigaki Resort
The discounts here look very good but it’s important to note that they’re being applied to the “Best Flexible Rate” and not to the cheapest rate on offer.
The Best Flexible Rate is the best and least restrictive publicly available rate but the effect the discounts have on this rate varies between the two sales:
- For the global sale the discount may be based on a flexible rate but the discounted rate you’ll end up booking isn’t flexible at all – it requires full prepayment up front.
- For the Japan/Asia-Pacific sale the discount is also based on a flexible rate but here the discounted rate you’ll end up booking will allow you to make changes….just be sure to check the individual hotels’ policies before making any bookings.
I’ve checked a number of dates at the InterContinental Bora Bora Thalasso Spa (probably the most aspirational property in the IHG portfolio) and, although it’s supposed to be participating in the Japan/Asia-Pacific sale, I couldn’t find any dates on which the discount was greater than 20%….even when logged in as an IHG Rewards member.
There may be some good discounts on offer here but be sure to check the details of the rates you’re booking so you don’t accidentally book a rate that doesn’t suit you – If your plans are fluid the IHG Global sale probably isn’t for you as reservations made in this sale aren’t flexible while the Japan/Asia-Pacific sale may work better.