Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Registration for the IHG One Rewards end of year promotion opened yesterday, and now the IHG has announced a sale event for stays made at its European portfolio properties between now and the end of May next year. This latest sale (for Europe and the UK) is now live and offering savings on bookings made by 16 October.
IHG autumn sale
Save at least 15% off the Best Flex rate when using our Book Early and Save rate.
IHG One Rewards members (link to sign up) will save a minimum of 25% off the Best Flexible rate.
- The Autumn Limited Time Offer is valid only for selected bookings made from 28 September 2023 to 16 October 2023 for stays at participating IHG® branded hotels in Europe between 5 October 2023 until 31 May 2024 for all guests.
- The Offer provides a public rate discount for direct bookings at participating hotels of 15% off the Best Flex Rate, when using the Book Early and Save rate and an additional 10% off the public rate for IHG One Rewards members (you must be a member at the time of the booking to qualify for the additional discount), when using the Book Early and Save rate.
- The Best Flex rate is an unrestricted, non-qualified, non-discount rate.
- Bookings on the Book Early and Save rate in this Offer must be made at least three days in advance of arrival.
- The Book Early and Save rate is non-refundable, with full payment for the full stay due at time of booking. No changes or cancellations can be made.
- Offer is valid at participating InterContinental Hotels and Resorts, Regent Hotels and Resorts, Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants, Crowne Plaza, Vignette Collection, Hotel Indigo, voco, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites hotels and resorts, located in Europe.
- Six Senses Hotels, Resorts, & Spas, Iberostar Beachfront Resorts and Mr and Mrs Smith hotels are not included in this Offer.
- In-room dining purchases, minibar purchases, private dining and other hotel incurred charges are excluded from the discount.
- City taxes may apply in some cities.
- The Offer is not applicable to group bookings.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the sale page
There are two key things to recognize here:
Firstly, the discounts on offer are based on the best flexible rate which is often not the cheapest rate that IHG publishes and that means that the headline saving of 25% will not always apply.
Secondly, even though the sale prices are based on a discounted version of the best flexible rate, they’re not flexible at all. In fact, a deposit equalling the full cost of the stay will be required at the time of booking, so this isn’t a sale suited to anyone whose plans are not firmed up.
I haven’t had the opportunity (or the time) to do many in-depth searches to see what all the savings are like or to see what’s available across Europe and the UK, but based on the few searches that I’ve done, there appear to be some reasonable deals around.
I’ve seen the InterContinental London O2 at under £230/night, the InterContinental Paris Le Grand at under €350/night, the InterContinental Vienna at under €160/night, and the InterContinental Barcelona at under €215/night.
Considering how incredibly expensive a lot of hotels are right now, those are deals worth considering if you’re planning a trip to Europe or the UK.
Also, if you’re planning a stay in the next few weeks and you hold a Chase credit card, be sure to check your targeted offers as you may be able to save on any InterContinental or Kimpton bookings that you make.
IHG is currently running a sale for stays in Europe and the UK in which it’s offering IHG One Rewards members a minimum of 25% off the best flexible rates for bookings made by 16 October 2023 that relate to says that will be completed by 31 May 2024.