Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Between teasing the upcoming Bonus Journeys promotion and announcing a delay in the introduction of peak and off-peak award rates, yesterday was a big news day for Hyatt. One bit of news that wasn’t widely reported, however, was that Hyatt launched a new promotion on Monday in which it’s offering discounts and free nights on stays booked this month.
Choose Your Adventure, Choose Your Offer Promo
These are the promotions that are being offered by participating Hyatt properties worldwide:
- Get between 10% and 25% off stays
- Get a complimentary 3rd night with 2 consecutive paid nights
- Get a complimentary 4th night with 3 consecutive paid nights
- Get a complimentary 5th night with 4 consecutive paid nights
These are the key terms and conditions of the promotion:
- Book between 14 June and 31 July 2021 at participating hotels.
- The promotion is valid for stays with a check-in date between 15 June and 30 September 2021 subject to availability.
- Offer must be booked on Hyatt.com, via the World of Hyatt app, via a Hyatt Global Contact Center, via the Hyatt WeChat mini program, or by contacting your personal travel professional and requesting the then-available offer (if any).
- Percent Off Offering: If published offer includes discount off room rate, such discount is off the Standard Rate and applies to room rate only.
- Free Night Offering: If published offer includes a free night, guest must use free night during stay in which it is earned. Free night is only available for consecutive night stays that meet the minimum stay requirement. Consecutive nights at the same hotel are considered one stay even if guest checks out and back in. Guest will forfeit any unused portions of this offer. Free night will be forfeited if you depart early or otherwise do not meet the minimum stay requirements outlined in the published offer. Book the complete stay and the free night will be adjusted at time of booking; no further discounts will be made. The complimentary night is available with each eligible consecutive paid night stay for the requisite amount of time. World of Hyatt points and night credits will not be awarded for the free night (if applicable).
- Offer not valid at Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Residence Club, Miraval, MGM, UrCove, and Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
This is essentially the same promotion that we saw Hyatt offering back in March and that means that this promotion shares the same flaw – it can be easy to miss the promotions on offer.
As noted back in March, the problems arise when it comes to actually making a booking because Hyatt’s website doesn’t make it obvious what promotion a particular property is offering, or if a hotel is offering a promotion at all.
I won’t go over old ground (you can read the post I wrote back in March if you want blow by blow details) but, in a nutshell, this is what you need to know:
- If a property is offering a “book 3 nights get a 4th night free” promo, for example, you won’t know about it unless you actually try to make a booking of at least 3 nights. If you search for a booking with fewer nights you will not be told that an offer is available.
- For properties that are offering a discount on stays, the discount will probably vary depending on how many nights are booked…but this isn’t mentioned anywhere. If you check the price of a single night you may see an offer of a 10% discount while a search for a 3-night stay at the same property may reveal a 20% discount. Do not assume that the discount you see on a particular search will also appear on searches for a different length of stay.
To make sure you don’t miss out and if you’re flexible with how many nights you book, it’s probably worth expanding your searches to include stays of up to 5 nights so that any free night promotions show up, and so that the maximum discount that a property is willing to offer becomes obvious. For some properties this may not make any difference, while for others, the savings you uncover could make a longer stay more economical than it first appears.
Hyatt has launched a new promotion which is, essentially the same promotion that we saw in March. Some of the discounts and free nights that are on offer can be nice money savers but be aware that you’ll have to be clever with how you search for stays to ensure that you don’t miss out on any deals.