Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
The EMEA sale that some Hyatt properties were teasing last week is now live and covers stays at Hyatt properties in Europe, the Middle East, India, and Africa. Effectively, this is the same sale that we saw running last October only it covers a noticeably shorter stay period.
World of Hyatt members can now enjoy 30% or more off room rates as well as a 20% discount on dining and complimentary daily breakfast at participating Hyatt hotels across Europe, the Middle East, India, and Africa when booking between 24 and 31 January 2022 for qualifying stays between 14 February and 31 March 2022.
The Key Terms
- Offer available for qualifying stays occurring between February 14, 2022 and March 31, 2022 with a minimum stay of 2 nights when you book between January 24, 2022 and January 31, 2022.
- Prepayment is required and bookings made under this offer may be cancelled at no charge up to 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date.
- Discount is available only for World of Hyatt members in good standing at time of booking and stay.
- Booking discount percent applies to room rate only, and represents a discount off the Standard Rate.
- Dining discount may exclude specialty restaurants, room service, alcohol, or venues operated by third party vendors.
- Discount does not apply to, unless specifically noted, service charges, mandatory resort fees, applicable taxes and other incidental expenses.
- Reservations subject to availability.
- Offer only available if booked as directed by requesting the then-available offer (if any).
- Any limitations or restrictions included in the published offer shall apply. Offer not valid with groups, conventions, other promotional offers, tour packages or special rate programs. Additional charges may apply for additional guests or room type upgrades.
- Offer not valid in conjunction with previously booked or held stays and may not be combined with other offers.
- Offer includes complimentary daily breakfast with qualifying stay for registered guests. Breakfast is provided in the morning following each night of a stay. Breakfast hours are limited. Breakfast benefit is not valid for in-room dining.
- Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply (unless otherwise noted).
Full terms and conditions can be found on the sale page.
I’ve had a quick look at sale pricing at a number of properties across the regions that the sale covers and it’s clear that the value on offer can vary significantly.
At some properties (like the Grand Hyatt Dubai), the sale price is often not even the cheapest rate available…
…but elsewhere the sale can come in very useful.
The discounts at properties like the Hotel du Louvre in Paris and the Hyatt Regency – The Churchill in London are worth having even if the savings (based on the next cheapest rate) aren’t exactly spectacular…
…and you should also find decent savings at properties like the Andaz Delhi…
…and the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi:
Because the savings that Hyatt is advertising are based on the ‘standard rate’ and not the cheapest rate that any given property may be offering, you’re unlikely to find a booking where the discount you’re being given is 30% of the best rate available, so set your expectations accordingly. Most of the discounts that I’ve seen represent a saving of between 17% and 20% on the next best available rate.
Having said that, it’s important to note that the savings on offer in this sale can get better if you don’t have Hyatt Globalist status but enjoy having breakfast at your hotel. All guests booking the private sale rate get complimentary breakfast included, and if you’re staying at a property with a particularly good or fun restaurant or bar, the 20% discount on dining may come in useful too (as long as the restaurant isn’t classified as a specialty restaurant or is operated by a 3rd party vendor).
Don’t forget that the terms and conditions clearly state that the bookings made under the sale rates can be cancelled at no charge up to 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date so there’s very little risk or downside to making a speculative booking (or two) if you need some time to find flights that work for you.
Hyatt has launched a limited-time sale in which it’s offering 30% off its standard rate at properties in Europe, the Middle East, India, and Africa and it’s including breakfast for two in the sale rate too. All participating properties are also offering up 20% off on-site dining (except where the on-site restaurant/eatery is classified as a specialty restaurant or where it’s operated by a 3rd party vendor) so the savings on offer go further than just the room rates.
Featured image: Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi