Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Update 19 January 2021: Hyatt has now confirmed the cost of ‘Night In’ packages when they’re booked with World of Hyatt points.
Hyatt has launched a new mini-promotion in which it’s offering signature experiences alongside a variety of other benefits at select properties in the United States, South America, Mexico, and the Caribbean as it looks to try to tempt people to use its properties for a local staycation.
‘Hyatt Night In’
What’s On Offer
- Signature culinary- or wellbeing-themed experience unique to each hotel
- Early check-in (as early as 8am)
- Late checkout (as late as 5pm)
- 50% savings on parking
- 15% savings on select food and beverage options
- Upgraded room at check-in, upon availability
- Standard World of Hyatt in-hotel benefits including earning points and having nights count toward elite-tier status
- Ability to use World of Hyatt points to redeem for a Hyatt Night In package*
- “Family Plan” option for a second room at 50% off regular rates*
*Free night redemption and Family Plan bookings are only available by calling 800-524-9288 or a Global Contact Center.
How To Book
- Reservations must be made by using Special Offer Code NIGHTIN
- Bookings can be made via Hyatt’s website, by calling Hyatt, or via your preferred Travel Professional.
- World of Hyatt points may be used for Hyatt Night In bookings.
- Packages must be booked and stays must be completed by 12 September 2021.
- Night In packages are subject to availability and inclusions may vary by property. Please check each property’s inclusions.
- Parking discount is valid at participating hotels and resorts that offer parking, provided that parking charges at such hotel or resort can be billed to the guest room/folio. If both are offered by the applicable hotel or resort, offer is valid for either valet or self-parking.
- World of Hyatt members are eligible to earn World of Hyatt points, Bonus Journeys Bonus Points, and Tier-Qualifying Night credits for these packages.
- Member must actually check-in, occupy the room, and complete the stay for his or her Hyatt Night In reservation to earn points and Tier-Qualifying Nights.
- To redeem World of Hyatt points for these packages, members must call 800-524-9288 or a Global Customer Contact Center.
- Packages not valid with previously booked or completed stays or with groups, conventions, other promotional offers (unless noted), tour packages or special rate programs.
- No refunds or credits for unused portions of these packages.
- Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply (unless otherwise noted).
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page
Example Properties & Signature Offers
At the time of writing, there are 70 Hyatt properties participating in this promotion and they’re spread out across the United States, South America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Here are a few examples of participating properties together with the ‘signature experience’ they’re offering for Hyatt Night In.
- Royal Palms Resort Phoenix – 3-course private dining experience for 2 followed by private fire pit and amenity in your room
- Hyatt Regency Dallas – A chef-curated dining experience for 2, privately in-suite or in the Centennial restaurant.
- Hyatt Regency Austin – 1-hour stand-up paddleboard excursion for 2 + fitness amenities in your room.
- The Scottsdale Resort & McCormick Ranch – Guided Scottsdale historical tour with history book, local drinks for 2, $50 spa credit, and dessert amenity from the pastry chef.
- Thompson Nashville – One in-person or virtual private training session with $20 credit to a local coffee shop.
- Hyatt Regency Boston Harbour – Curated bar cart with charcuterie board and cocktail kits to make your own.
- Grand Hyatt Denver – Special in-room dinner for 2 including 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 1 sharing dessert, and a bottle of wine.
- Carmel Valley Ranch – Family game night with picnic dinner for 4, kids glamping teepee, and board games in-room
- Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro – Exclusive Omakasê tasting menu for 2
- Park Hyatt Buenos Aires – A chef-curated 3-course dinner with wine
- Hyatt Regency Trinidad – Private sushi-making class for couples or pizza-making for families.
- Hyatt Regency Cartagena – Privat coffee and rum tasting class for 2
Note: These are just examples, there are over 55 more properties participating – see them all here.
Booking With Points
As per the terms and conditions, Hyatt’s ‘Night In’ packages cannot be booked online if you’d like to pay with points. Guest wishing to use World of Hyatt points to book ‘Night In’ packages should call 800-524-9288 or a Global Contact Center.
Also, Hyatt has confirmed that ‘Night In’ award bookings do not cost the same as a standard award booking and, instead, are priced at the same rate as a ‘Premium Suite’. Here’s what that looks like in terms of Hyatt’s award chart:
Personally speaking, unless I was being booked into a premium suite and getting all the benefits of the ‘Night In’ package, there’s no way I’d pay these rates. If you plan to book with points, make sure you know exactly what room you’re being booked into before you confirm a reservation.
Hyatt is running a promotion in which it’s offering bonus amenities, upgrades (potentially), discounted parking, discounted dining, and quite a bit more at up to 70 properties across the US, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean. Guests must use the promo code ‘NIGHTIN’ to book and all stays must be complete by 12 September 2021.
Featured image: Carmel Valley Ranch courtesy of Hyatt