Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Hyatt has just announced that it has added a further 56 Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) properties to the World of Hyatt program and this will see the number of SLH properties participating in World of Hyatt to over 300.
Here’s what you need to know about the latest additions to the World of Hyatt:
- 56 new properties are joining the World of Hyatt
- The properties are spread across 28 countries on 4 continents
- The properties will be joining the World of Hyatt in categories 3 through 8
- 1 x Category 3
- 5 x Category 4
- 10 x Category 5
- 17 x Category 6
- 13 x Category 7
- 10 x Category 8
- All properties are active World of Hyatt members as of today, 10 December 2019.
New SLH World of Hyatt Properties (By Country)
New SLH World of Hyatt Properties (By Category)
Hyatt’s Featured New Additions
These are some of the properties that Hyatt believes will be very popular with loyalists:
- Le Refuge de la Traye, a mountain retreat in the French Alps with newly renovated ecoluxury chalets set between lake and mountain in Les 3 Vallées ski region
- Arima Hotel, a boutique hideaway in the Basque region of San Sebastián, Spain with leading authority in eco-friendly lodging that offers majestic views of the Miramón forest
- Vista Palazzo Lago di Como, a 19th century Venetian-style Palazzo offering 18 palatial rooms and suites, known for its glamour and panoramic views of world-famous Lake Como.
- Ksar Char-Bagh in Morocco, a stunning Moorish palace in a Marrakech palm grove oozing opulence and tranquility with its Persian-style gardens and plunge pools.
- French CoCo, an all-suite Caribbean escape set on the beautiful island of Tartane, Martinique
- The Reef by CuisinArt, a luxury beach resort in Anguilla nestled on the southerly shores of Merrywing Bay overlooking the beautiful coastline.
WoH Earnings At SLH Properties
- World of Hyatt members earn five Base Points per $1 USD spent on eligible room revenue
- World of Hyatt members receive their standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room revenue spend:
- Discoverist – 10%
- Explorist – 20%
- Globalist – 30%
- Qualifying nights at SLH hotels count toward earning World of Hyatt elite-tier status
- All World of Hyatt Credit Card members will earn an additional 4 Bonus Points, for a total of 9 World of Hyatt points, per $1 spent at participating SLH properties.
- Hyatt Credit Cardmembers will earn an additional three Bonus Points (U.S. only).
WoH Benefits At SLH Properties
Participating SLH properties will provide the following on-property benefits to all World of Hyatt members who book through Hyatt, regardless of status:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily complimentary continental breakfast for two guests
- Room upgrade (one category at check-in if available)
- Early check-in (noon, based upon availability at check-in)
- Late check-out (2:00pm, based upon availability at check-in)
There’s quite a bit of good news here:
- The properties are not all entering the World of Hyatt in the top two tier categories
- There’s a reasonable spread of properties across various nations (France and Italy are heavily represented here but there are a further 26 countries that also see SLH properties bring added to the World of Hyatt).
- The SLH properties that are being introduced are mostly in locations where Hyatt has little or no representation whatsoever so this news represents a true expansion to the World of Hyatt.
As an added bonus Hyatt is now offering World of Hyatt members 3,000 bonus points for every eligible paid stay at participating SLH properties between today, 10 December 2019 and 2 March 2020.
- Registration for this promotion is required (link) and must be completed by 31 January 2020.
- A stay must have a check-out date of 2 March 2020 or earlier to qualify.
- Award night stays do not count towards this promotion.
The World of Hyatt is rapidly turning into the most compelling of the hotel loyalty programs (I say that as someone with no Hyatt status whatsoever) as it now offers a very large selection of properties that aren’t just the usual cookie-cutter properties that comprise a significant percentage of most other hotel programs.
With over 300 SLH properties now in the World of Hyatt program, Hyatt’s footprint has expanded significantly in the last 12 months and with top-tier elite benefits looking more and more attractive, the World of Hyatt looks more like the true successor to Starwood’s Preferred Guest program with each passing month.
Featured image:The Reef by CuisinArt courtesy of Hyatt