Hilton’s new big promotion for 2021 is now live and runs through 6 September. Unlike the promotion that recently ended, this promotion favors guests making longer stays over stays of just one or two nights so it’s likely to favor the leisure traveler more than a lot of road warriors but, that being said, there are still plenty of bonus points up for grabs regardless of your length of stay.
More Nights, More Points Promotion
Earn Double Points on stays of 1 or 2 nights and Triple Points when you stay 3 nights or more.
- Offer valid for stays completed May 3 – September 6, 2021 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors members must first register (here) prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before May 3, 2021 will receive Bonus Points for their stay if the stay is completed on or after May 3, 2021 and prior to or on September 6, 2021.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn Double Points per stay during the Promotion Period for stays up to two nights. “Double Points” means members will receive Bonus Points equal to the number of Base Points earned during a stay.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn Triple Points per stay during the Promotion Period for stays of three nights or more. “Triple Points” means members will receive Bonus Points equal to twice the number of Base Points earned during a stay.
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the number of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands. For examples and further details, please see the FAQ page.
- Offer is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers.
Full terms and conditions are available on the promotion page.
As I mentioned in the opening paragraph, this promotion is clearly geared at rewarding guests who make longer stays over guests who make multiple short stays so the nature of your travels will dictate just how lucrative this promotion is for you.
To give an arbitrary example, someone making two 4-night stays and a single 3-night stay at an average rate of $200/night would earn 44,000 bonus points in this promotion* (20 bonus points per dollar spent) while someone making five 2-night stays and one 1-night stay at an average rate of $200/night would earn just 22,000 bonus points* (10 bonus points per dollar spent).
In both examples, the guests will have consumed 11 nights at Hilton properties and in both examples the guest will have given Hilton $2,200 but the guest consuming the 11 nights over a shorter number of stays earns considerably more points.
The lesson here is this: If you want to maximize points earnings in this promotion you should try to make sure that you book stays of three nights or more where possible.
*Assuming stays are made at full-service properties
Overall, this is a pretty decent promotion. I value Hilton points at 0.4 cents each so as this promotion is offering either 10 or 20 bonus points per dollar, it’s effectively offering Hilton Honors members a bonus rebate of 4% or 8% on top of all their standard earnings. Also, as we’re constantly being told that it’s the leisure traveler who’s leading the rebound in the fortunes of the travel industry, it’s nice to see Hilton offering a promotion that’s leisure traveler friendly.
Whether you think you’ll be staying with Hilton before the end of the promotion or not, you should be registering (here) just in case. It costs nothing to register and plans can change at the last minute (who knows what the remainder of 2021 will bring?!) so it would be a shame to leave points on the table just because you didn’t take 30 seconds out of your day to register.