Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Radisson appears to be taking a leaf out of Hyatt’s book by launching an offer for 25% back on awards bookings and although the offer isn’t quite a generous as Hyatt’s for World of Hyatt credit card holders (the Radisson promotion doesn’t run as long), it’s definitely more generous than Hyatt’s for everyone else.
- Registration is required (here) and must be completed prior to check-out of the Eligible Stay.
- The 25% points back (“Rebate”) Award Night Offer only applies to redemption night (hotel room) stays, excluding Category 1 hotels (“Eligible Stay”) within the Promotion Period and does not apply to other reward options such as Points + Cash room night redemptions.
- All reservations must be booked and consumed within the “Promotion Period” (the Booking Period and Stay Period combined) using Radisson Rewards points (redemptions).
- Reservations must be made between October 12 – October 25, 2020 (“Booking Period”) at https://www.radissonhotels.com, for Award Night stays at hotels in Categories 2 through 7.
- Eligible Stay(s) must arrive and depart between October 12 – December 20, 2020 (“Stay Period”).
- Any adjustments to Eligible Stays made after the Booking Period will be ineligible to earn the discount/rebate.
- Members must have the full amount of points in their account at the time of purchase.
- Members will receive a rebate of 25% of the points redeemed within 10 business days after the member has completed their stay.
- Point rebates for stays at hotels in Brazil will be awarded after the conclusion of the Stay Period.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
An important point to keep in mind before your start planning a stay is that this deal if for a 25% rebate and not a 25% discount. Had this offer been for a 25% discount, someone with just 52,500 points in their account could have booked a property that normally costs 70,000 points/night. As it is (and because this is an offer for a rebate), anyone wishing to book a property costing 70,000 points must already have those points in their account – 17,500 points will be rebated within 10 business days of their stay.
If you’re short of points, it may be worth considering the current Radisson Rewards points sale in which points are being sold at a cost of just 0.35 cents each.
Overall, this is a very nice deal because, if you take a look at the Radisson Rewards award chart…
…you’ll see that it brings the cost of a top-tier property down to almost the same as the cost of a Category 6 property and the cost of a Category 6 property to under the cost of a Category 4 property. After rebates, this is what you can expect to pay:
- Category 7 – 52,500 points/night
- Category 6 – 37,500 points/night
- Category 5 – 33,000 points/night
- Category 4 – 28,500 points/night
- Category 3 – 21,000 points/night
- Category 2 – 11,250 points/night
Even during these challenging times (when hotel prices are suppressed) these award night costs can offer great value. If you have points in your account you’re clearly already in a very good position but even if you have to buy points at 0.35 cents each, that would still only see you paying $183.75 per night for Radisson’s best properties…and that includes all taxes and fees!
The only aspect of this promotion that’s disappointing is the fact that all reservations need to be made by 25 October, otherwise this represents a great deal for anyone who’s happy (and free) to travel. Personally, I’m tempted with a booking at the May Fair in London where despite the pandemic and increasingly colder weather, rates are still often around $300. As a property like this one (with a fantastic location), the Radisson Rewards points that are currently sitting in my account and doing very little could actually be put to very good use.
Will you be booking an award stay with Radisson while this promotion is in effect?