Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Note: At the time of writing Traveling For Miles does not have an affiliate relationship with American Express so the are no affiliate links in this post.
AMEX loves me. I didn’t think that was possible but that’s the only reason I can think of that explains the run of offers I’ve been getting from the card provider over the past couple of months 🙂
Since the end of July, I’ve been targeted for very good deals on the Business Platinum Card, the Business Gold Card and the Blue Business Plus credit card and the AMEX offers sections in my online accounts have been targeted for fantastic deals on AMEX FHR stays, bookings with Peninsula Hotels, flights with Air France/KLM as well as a host of other offers which can seriously boost my Membership Rewards points balance.
With all the recent offers we’ve been seeing it’s a good time to be an American Express cardholder and now AMEX has come out and targeted me (and presumably a whole lot of other cardholders) for another great offer which can help rake in a LOT of Membership Rewards points – up to 20,000 Membership Rewards points to be precise.
Details in brief:
Get 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points by using your enrolled Card to make a single payment of $175+ towards your AT&T Wireless for Business bill directly with AT&T by 12/9/2019. Limit of 20,000 Membership Rewards points.
Headline Terms & Conditions:
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards).
- Offer is non-transferable.
- ELIGIBLE PURCHASES: Offer valid for wireless bill pay for AT&T AutoPay.
- In order to be eligible for the offer, you must enroll your Card and use that Card to pay your wireless bill or other service charges online directly with AT&T at att.com/smallbusiness or through the AT&T app.
- Your payments must be in the amount of $175 or more in a single transaction and completed by 12/9/19.
- Purchases for equipment or prepaid, U-verse, web hosting, or wireless services that do not appear on your AT&T wireless bill are excluded from this offer.
- Payments by phone, at retail locations or via third parties do not qualify.
- EARNING POINTS: Limit of 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card Member.
- The enrolled Card account must be active, not be past due, canceled or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the additional Membership Rewards points. Any additional points you receive through this offer are in addition to the points you would normally receive for purchases charged to your Card, but the number of additional points you receive will be based on the purchase price after any credit or other discount is applied.
- Additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 12/9/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- We may not credit additional points to, or we may take away additional points that have been credited to, your program account if the qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled.
Full terms and conditions can be found alongside the offer in your American Express online account (assuming you’ve been targeted for this offer)
Ok, so it’s a shame that this offer only applies to AT&T Business accounts and not to personal accounts too…but this is still a very nice offer.
I value 10,000 Membership Rewards points at $150 so there’s an effective rebate of $150 on offer here each of the first two times a cardholder spends $175+ with AT&T Business…and that’s very good going.
There’s also an associated offer available on targeted non-Membership Rewards cards…
….but based my Membership rewards valuation this isn’t nearly as good as the offer which offers bonus points.
If you use AT&T Business (or have a close friend or family member who uses AT&T Business) now’s the time to check your online American Express account(s) to see if you’ve been targeted for this offer.
With AMEX currently offering at least a 40% bonus when you convert Membership Rewards points to Avios (through 1 October) this offer could more than pay for what may otherwise be an expensive short-haul flight.