Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Amex has launched a new offer for holders of the Platinum Card® from American Express, the Business Platinum Card® from American Express, and the Centurion Card® which gives cardholders the chance to earn up to 25% back on Delta operated flights booked through Amex Travel.
Spend $400 And Get $100 Back With Delta
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $400 in one or more transactions for Delta operated flights booked online at AmexTravel.com by 8/31/2021.
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued Consumer and Business Platinum and Centurion American Express® Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only for Delta operated flights booked directly with American Express Travel online through AmexTravel.com. Includes Delta operated flights purchased as part of the International Airline Program or a flight + hotel package on AmexTravel.com.
- Delta operated flights booked directly with Delta or through other third-party sites and apps, not listed as eligible, are excluded.
- Excludes Delta operated flights booked through American Express Travel through the Amex® App or by phone.
- Offer not valid for all other types of American Express Travel bookings or purchases not listed as eligible.
- Delta operated flights that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date will not qualify.
- Qualifying purchases must total a minimum of $400 by 8/31/2021, in accordance with these terms, to be eligible for a one-time $100 statement credit.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions
This is an offer that’s more narrowly targeted than the last Delta Amex offer that we saw and it’s also slightly less generous (the last offer was for $120 of savings on $300 of spending), but it’s still a very nice offer to be targeted for.
Both the Platinum Card and the Business Platinum Card offer cardholders 5 points/dollar for airfares booked through Amex Travel so there’s an added (effective) rebate to be had on top of the $100 that this deal is offering – that makes the savings available to targeted cardholders very worthwhile.
It’s also worth noting that the wording of the terms and conditions – “Qualifying purchases must total a minimum of $400 by 8/31/2021” – would suggest that the $400 of spending that’s needed to trigger the $100 rebate does not have to be made in a single transaction. Cardholders just need to spend a total of at least $400 on Delta-operated flights booked through Amex Travel by the end of August. That should make the offer attractive to those making a number of cheap bookings as well as those making a single significant booking.
Lastly, it’s good to see that this offer isn’t limited to flights originating in the United States (as was the case with the last Delta Amex offer we saw) as this opens up the possibility for cardholders t trigger the rebate when booking a nicely discounted flight originating in some of the cheaper (for premium cabin bookings) parts of the world.
Amex is currently targeting Platinum, Business Platinum, and Centurion cardholders for a very nice offer on Delta-operated flights booked through Amex Travel. Cardholders will earn $100 back when they spend $400 or more by the end of August and, importantly, all of that spending need not be made in a single transaction.