Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
IHG has launched a very interesting (and possibly money-saving) offer for Rewards Club members looking to make a booking at a number of its properties in Southeast Asia, Korea, and the Maldives.
I have to admit that I was skeptical when I first saw this offer as I fully expected the list of participating properties to be unimpressive but, with 10 InterContinental properties in play and with a couple of Hotel Indigo properties and a Crowne Plaza thrown in as well, this looks like a very promising promotion…assuming you can make the dates work for you.
[HT: Loyalty Lobby]
Here’s what you need to know:
- Book at 3, 4 or 5 consecutive nights at select properties (see below) and receive an additional free night.
- Book by 31 August 2019
- Stay between 16 August and 20 December 2019
Here are the participating properties:
Stay 3 Nights & Only Pay For 2
InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort
InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
InterContinental Nha Trang
InterContinental Pattaya Resort
InterContinental Phu Quoc Long Beach Resort
InterContinental Phuket Resort
Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach
Hotel Indigo Phuket Patong
Holiday Inn and Suites Alpensia Pyeongchang
Holiday Inn Vana Nava Hua Hin
Holiday Inn Changmai
Holiday Inn Pattaya
Holiday Inn Resort Batam
Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Penang
Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Mai Khao Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Alpensia Pyeongchang
Holiday Inn Express Krabi Ao Nang Beach
Stay 4 Nights & Only Pay For 3
Stay 5 Nights & Only Pay For 4
Here are the full terms and conditions per IHG:
- Offer is available to IHG® Rewards Club members and is valid for bookings of 3 to 5 consecutive nights at participating hotels and resorts in Southeast Asia, Korea and Maldives at our Best Flexible Rate.
- For each Qualifying Stay at a participating hotel of 3 to 5 consecutive nights booked directly with IHG® Hotels and Resorts up to and including 31 August 2019 for stays between the Promotion Dates you will receive a complimentary night for that booked stay.
- Length of stay (between 3 and 5 consecutive nights) required to receive a complimentary night will vary depending on the participating hotel and the complimentary night must be used in conjunction with initial stay.
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- Booked dates will include the complimentary nights and up to a maximum of 3 complimentary nights.
- IHG® Rewards Club Points cannot be used in conjunction with this offer.
- Valid for stays between 16 August 2019 and 20 December 2019 (“Promotion Dates”) at participating IHG® Hotels and Resorts.
- Tax and service charges apply.
- A deposit for 1 night of the stay is payable at the time of booking, and is non-refundable in the event of cancellation or no-show.
- Final bill will be presented in local currency. Please check with the hotel or resort directly should you require further clarification. Credit card surcharges apply.
- Blackout dates apply.
- Offer is not valid to groups of 10 or more rooms and cannot be combined with any other special offer, including but not limited to InterContinental Ambassador’s complimentary weekend night certificate.
- At Holiday Inn® properties, Kids 12 years and under stay for free sharing parent’s guest room in existing bedding and eat free from the all-day dining restaurant with an accompanying paying adult guest.
- Rates qualify for IHG® Rewards Club Points.
Things To Note
1- This deal is for bookings made using the “best flexible rate” and not the cheapest rate on offer – anyone using this offer should make sure they compare the price of a stay with a free night included and the price of a stay at the cheapest rate but with no free night (if you need a flexible reservation this point is moot).
2 – You can make the most of more than one free night per stay.
The t&cs say “[b]ooked dates will include the complimentary nights and up to a maximum of 3 complimentary nights.” so, if you price up an 8-night stay at a property where the 4th night is free (for example), you’ll find that you get two free nights thrown in:
3 – This offer is not limited to entry-level rooms or just one room-type – at the resorts I’ve checked, multiple room types are eligible for this promotion:
If you’re considering a trip to a location where one of the participating IHG properties is located it could be well worth your while to take a look a the promotion page and price up a stay.
Anyone who’s happy booking non-flexible rates should be careful to check that they’re not overpaying for any free nights they’re getting (by paying a more expensive rate than they would otherwise pay), but travelers who would otherwise book a flexible rate should have little to fear and will probably do very well here.