Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published.
One of the major benefits of traveling as much as I do is that I rack up quite a few miles and points in various loyalty systems as well as various perks that make travel a lot more comfortable than it would otherwise be.
Unfortunately not all of those points and perks last for ever and I find myself in a position where I have an American Airlines Business Extra upgrade certificate that I’m not going to be able to use before it expires at the end of the year. So, rather than letting it go to waste or trading it, I thought I’d give it away to a Traveling For Miles reader.
Note: This contest isn’t being sponsored and no corporation/organisation has supplied the prize or sanctioned this competition. The prize is one of my own upgrade certificates.
One reader will win an American Airlines Business Extra upgrade certificate good for a one class of service upgrade on flights between North America & Europe, South America, Central America, Asia or South Pacific.
The official code American Airlines gives the certificate is BXP3 (you’ll find more details at www.BusinessExtra.com) and here’s how American describes it:
Description: Between North America and Europe, South America, Central America, Asia or South Pacific. One-Way Cabin Upgrade on Discounted Published Fares except those booked in B, N, O, Q or S.
Terms and Conditions
One-Way Upgrade on Discounted Published Fares except those listed in the description above.
Upgrades are valid to the next class of service.
Travel must be completed by the expiration date printed on the upgrade certificate.
For all award options, North America includes Canada, Mexico, and the Continental U.S. including Alaska.
Upgrades are subject to seating limitations and capacity controls.
Award travel valid ONLY on American Airlines, American Eagle®.
Upgrades are valid only with tickets issued on American Airlines ticket stock.
The upgrade comes in old-fashioned paper format (I’ll be sending this to the winner) and will need to be presented upon check in.
The certificate explains how to redeem the upgrade (click to enlarge).
Two things to note:
- The certificate expires on 31 December 2016 so the upgrade must have been used by then.
- The certificate cannot be used to upgrade fares booked into B, N, O, Q or S fare codes.
How To Enter
Leave a comment on this blog post letting me know the following:
- An airline product you would like to see reviewed
- A hotel you would like to see reviewed
So, for example, a comment may look like this:
“SWISS Business Class on the 777 & Le Meridien in Vienna”
I’d really like to get a general idea of what products and hotels people would genuinely like to see reviewed so please don’t go crazy with your suggestions.
Rules & Picking The Winner
- The competition will run until 11:59 Pacific Time on Friday 4 November 2016
- Two entries allowed per person – anyone entering more than two times will have all their entries discounted.
- Incomplete comments will be discounted
- Obviously silly comments will be discounted
- I will be the sole adjudicator of this competition and all my decisions are final – this isn’t a democracy and there is no right of appeal 🙂
- I will use a random number generator to pick the winning comment
- I shall email the winner within 24 hours of the competition closing (so use a valid email address when commenting) and he/she will have 48 hours to claim the prize.
- Failure to claim the prize within 48 hours will see you forfeit the upgrade certificate.
- If the prize is not claimed in time I shall pick another winner in the same way as I picked the first.
Lastly, please don’t enter if you don’t think you’ll have the chance to use the certificate – I’d hate for this upgrade to go to waste when there are so may travelers out there who would love to have the chance to upgrade.