Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Chase has sent through a new promotion in which it’s offering select cardholders the opportunity to earn up to 7,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points when they book a flight and a hotel through the Chase travel portal.
Get 5,000 bonus points when you book a flight plus hotel through Chase Travel using your card. Haven’t booked in the past year? You may be eligible for an additional 2,000 bonus points. Activate, book and stay by January 31, 2024 to get rewarded.
This offer is being sent to targeted holders of Chase’s Ultimate Rewards cards. Both consumer and Business cards are being targeted and cards that are no longer open to new applicants are also being targeted.
- With this bonus offer, cardmembers who have not purchased travel through Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel since 9/30/22 can earn 7,000 bonus points when they first activate this offer and then purchase a flight and hotel stay totaling $105.00 or more through Chase Travel that are both completed by 1/31/24 11:59 PM ET.
- Cardmembers who have purchased travel through Ultimate Rewards/Chase Travel since 9/30/22 can earn 5,000 bonus points when they first activate this offer and then purchase a flight and hotel stay totaling $105.00 or more through Chase Travel that are both completed by 1/31/24 11:59 PM ET.
- This bonus can only be earned once per cardmember, regardless of how many eligible cards a cardmember has, and the same eligible card must be used for activation and flight and hotel stay purchases.
- Only Chase Travel purchases paid for entirely with an eligible card will qualify, bookings that include point redemption will not qualify.
- Flight and hotel stay may be purchased separately.
- Only completed flights and hotel stays are eligible, flights and hotel stays that are cancelled or refunded will not qualify for this bonus offer.
- Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection℠ purchases will qualify for this bonus offer but previous Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection℠ purchases since 9/30/22 will not count for purposes of determining whether a cardmember is a New Booker or Previous Booker.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the promotional period for bonus points to post to your account.
- This bonus offer is non-transferable and applies only to cardmembers who receive marketing communications for this offer.
- Eligible credit cards: Chase Freedom card, Chase Freedom Unlimited card, Chase Freedom Rise card, Chase Freedom Flex card, Chase Ink Cash Card, Chase Ink Business Cash Card, Chase Ink Business Preferred Card, Chase Ink Business Unlimited Card, Chase Ink Plus Card, Chase Ink Business Premier Card, Chase Sapphire card, Chase Sapphire Preferred card, Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the registration page.
This offer could represent an easy way to load up on some Ultimate Rewards points but that’s only going to be the case if whatever you book through Chase cannot be booked for less elsewhere (the Chase travel portal has been known to charge significant markups).
Having said that, if you can find well priced flights and hotels, this is a nice promotion to be targeted for.
The flight and hotel don’t have to be booked together to trigger the offer, so they don’t have to be part of a package or even the same trip, and that should give people a lot more flexibility when it comes to locking in the bonus.
Before you rush to book, however, keep in mind that any hotel bookings made through Chase will not be eligible for points in any of the hotel loyalty programs, and that any elite benefits which may have been due had the booking been made directly with the hotel, will not now be honored* – deals like this are when boutique hotel bookings and cheap 1-night stays can work well.
Lastly, don’t forget that there’s more than just 7,000 points on offer here because some Ultimate Rewards cards offer a nice bonus for spending though Chase Travel.
The card_name also offers 5% back on travel spending made through the Chase Travel portal but for new successful applicants, that is currently doubled to a fantastic 10% (click for more details on the card’s latest welcome offer).
*Bookings through the Chase Travel portal are viewed as 3rd party bookings.
Chase is targeting select cardholders with an offer that could see them earn up to 7,000 bonus points for booking a flight and a hotel (not necessarily together) through the Chase Travel portal.
Cardholders will need to be careful that they’re not overpaying by booking through the portal and not directly with an airline or hotel, but with a bit of care and planning, this could work out to be a nice bonus for quite a few people.