Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Flying Blue (the Air France/KLM loyalty program) has launched a new promotion for members based in the UK in which it’s offering triple miles on select routes to Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, the Middle East, and South America.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- This offer is valid for all Flying Blue members residing in the United Kingdom who have received this e-mail newsletter.
- Valid for bookings from 15 January 2020 until 22 January 2020
- Travel between 15 January 2020 and 30 September 2020.
- Applicable on Air France or KLM marketed and KLM operated flights from 15 January 2020 and 30 September 2020.
- The Triple Miles will be awarded for the flights to/from Amsterdam and your selected destination (must be a destination included in this promotion).
- The flights between the UK and Amsterdam are not included in this promotion.
- Offer is valid for all cabin classes.
- Offer is valid for 1 return flight or 2 one way flights per member during the promotion period.
- Flying Blue members must ensure that their Flying Blue number is added to their reservation before traveling.
- Triple Miles are credited within 10 days upon arrival of the return flight.
- Cape Town
- Saint Martin
- Panama City
- Abu Dhabi
- Rio de Janeiro
- Sao Paulo
There are good and bad aspects to this promotion but it’s hard to be too critical when an airline is offering passengers 3x the points they would normally earn.
The negative parts to this deal include the fact that it looks like it is targeted to specific members with a UK address (the t&cs suggest that you should have received an email letting you know you qualify so check your spam folder if you haven’t seen it) and the fact that only one roundtrip booking or two one-way bookings will earn the bonus miles.
The positive aspects of this deal include the fact that targeted Flying Blue members have until 30 September to travel on a qualifying booking, that all cabins are included, that the deal coincides with…
- A good KLM Business Class sale (link)
- A good Air France Business Class sale (link)
- A good Air France Premium Economy sale (link)
…all of which include at least some of the destinations included in this promotion and the fact that, although the list of participating destinations is limited, there are some popular destinations that will trigger this offer (e.g. Abu Dhabi, Beijing & Cape Town).
You only have a week in which to book the flight(s) that will earn you triple Flying Blue miles and the current sales end in six days’ time to there’s a little bit of time pressure if you’re to get a good fare and lock in the triple miles.
The triple miles on offer shouldn’t be enough to tempt you into making a booking that you were not already considering but if you were planning a trip to one of the participating destinations this should be a nice bonus to have.