Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
TopCashback has now improved (slightly) a cash back offer that it first posted a few weeks ago so that it’s now possible to get up to 12% back on stays at select IHG brands. The base level of cash back remains at 9% but fans of various Holiday Inn brands can now do even better.
The cash back offers
Get 9% cash back at the following brands:
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
- Crowne Plaza
- EVEN Hotels
- Hotel Indigo
- Staybridge Suites
- Candlewood Suites
Get 12% cash back at the following brands:
- Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Holiday Inn Resorts – USA
It’s interesting to note that a number of other IHG brands (e.g. Regent, voco, Atwell suites) don’t get a mention even though they are not specifically excluded by the terms and conditions (which are coming up).
Important things to know
- All bookings must be made through IHG’s US website
- Stays at properties in Israel will not earn cash back.
- Kimpton (properties in North and South America), Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Six Senses, Army Hotels will not earn cashback.
- The following non-commissionable rates will not earn cashback:
- Rooms offered at specialty or pre-negotiated rates (including discounted group rates)
- Rooms rates in which the customer is required to be affiliated with or employed by a particular company or organization in order to receive the rate
- IHG Friends & Family or Employee discount rates
- IHG Rewards Club bookings (including points+cash bookings)
- Any changes made to a reservation after a booking has been made will result in the cashback being declined.
- IHG points purchases will not earn cashback
- Bookings made using a promotional/coupon code not posted and approved by TopCashback will not earn cashback.
Note: It’s possible that bookings made at all IHG properties (other than those excluded by the terms and conditions) will earn cash back, but you should note that the TopCashback page only mentions that properties in the InterContinental, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, EVEN, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, and avid brands will earn cash back so there’s a chance that bookings with other IHG brands (e.g. Voco and Regent) will not track successfully.
Why this is a good deal
Not only will clicking through the TopCashback portal earn you up to 12% cashback on eligible IHG bookings, but you’ll also continue to earn IHG Rewards points and credit towards IHG elite status as well as enjoying any elite status benefits that you may be entitled to (TopCashback’s links take you directly to the IHG website so all stays booked in this way are treated like any other booking made directly with IHG).
This card comes with an $99 annual fee (the fee is waived in year 1), it’s currently offering an impressive 140,000 point welcome bonus for successful applicants who spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of card membership, and it offers an earning rate of 26 points/dollar on all IHG spending (when you take into account the bonus points earned for having IHG Rewards Platinum status that the card offers).
Before you book, make sure you read through the terms and conditions carefully to check that you understand what may cause the cashback to be declined.
Also, as always, I suggest taking screenshots of any cashback process you engage in (regardless of the portal you’re using) to make sure you have ample evidence of the amounts due to you should any issues arise with the cashback being posted.
For reference, Rakuten is currently only offering 6% cash back on IHG bookings.
This could be a very easy 9% – 12% cashback for anyone looking to book a stay at an IHG property and when you combine it with the fact that IHG is still running a 2x points promotion (through the end of this month), this could be a good time to make some savings on any upcoming stays with IHG.