Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
IHG may not have (yet) published a year-end promotion but we’re finally starting to see it offer discounts for stays in the last quarter of 2022 and well into 2023. Its latest sale (for Europe and the UK) is now live and offering savings on bookings made by 4 October.
IHG Autumn Sale
Get at least 15% off the Best Flexible rate when using our Book Early and Save rate.
IHG One Rewards members (link to sign up) will save an additional 10% giving them a minimum total discount of 25% off the Best Flexible rate.
- The Autumn Sale promotion is valid only for selected bookings made from 13 September 2022 to 04 October 2022 (both dates inclusive) for stays at participating IHG branded hotels in the UK&I and Europe between 05 October 2022 and 31 May 2023 using the “Book Early and Save” or “Book Early and Save – IHG One Rewards Member Rate” during the Booking Dates.
- The Promotion offers a discount at participating hotels of a minimum 15% off , and up to 25% off, the hotel’s Best Flexible Rate, which is an unrestricted, non-qualified, non-discount rate.
- Members save an additional 10% off our Best Flexible Rate.
- Rates are per room, per night based on single or double occupancy and are subject to availability during the Stay Dates.
- Bookings must be made at least five days in advance of arrival.
- The Book Early and Save rate is non-refundable, with full payment for the entire stay is due at time of booking. No changes or cancellations can be made.
- The Promotion is valid at participating InterContinental, Regent, Kimpton, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, voco, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites hotels and resorts located in the UK&I and Europe.
- Bookings made through IHG Brand websites, IHG App, CRO or directly at hotel qualify for IHG One Rewards Points.
- In-room dining purchases, minibar purchases, private dining and other hotel incurred charges are excluded from the discount.
- City taxes may apply in some cities.
- Credit card guarantee is required to make a booking.
- The Promotion is not applicable to group bookings.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the sale page
There are two key things to recognize here:
Firstly, the discounts on offer are based on the best flexible rate which is often not the cheapest rate that IHG publishes and that means that the headline saving of 25% will not always apply.
Secondly, even though the sale prices are based on a discounted version of the best flexible rate, they’re not flexible at all. In fact, a deposit equalling the full cost of the stay will be required at the time of booking so this isn’t a sale suited to anyone whose plans are not firmed up.
I haven’t had the chance (or the time) to do many in-depth searches to see what all the savings are like or what’s available across Europe and the UK but based on the few searches that I’ve done, there appear to be some reasonable deals around – I’ve seen the InterContinental London O2 at under £250/night, the InterContinental Paris Le Grand at under €325/night, the InterContinental Vienna at under €200/night, and the InterContinental Barcelona at under €200/night as well.
Considering how ridiculously expensive a lot of hotels are right now, those are deals worth considering if you’re planning a trip to Europe or the UK.
IHG is currently running a sale for stays in Europe and the UK in which it’s offering IHG One Rewards members a minimum of 25% off the best flexible rates for bookings made by 4 October 2022 that relate to says that will be completed by 31 May 2023.