Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
It’s been a while since we’ve seen any great cashback deals for hotel bookings but TopCashback is doing its best to get ouR attention by offering 8% cashback on most IHG properties worldwide. Also, unlike some hotel cashback deals that are doing the rounds, this offer doesn’t reduce the cashback on offer if you hold elite status.
Terms & Conditions
- This offer ends in 3 days
- Only purchases made on IHG’s US site are eligible for cashback
- Kimpton properties in the US and Grand Cayman are not eligible for cashback.
- Stays at properties in Israel will not earn cashback.
- Cashback is not paid on the purchase of IHG points.
- Any changes made to a reservation (that originated via web) at the hotel cannot be tracked and are therefore ineligible for cash back
- Cashback amounts are generally based on your final purchase amount and do not include taxes, shipping and the actual discount amount saved through coupons.
What Could/Will Prevent Cash Back Tracking/Being Paid?
- Using a promotional/coupon code not posted and approved by TopCashback.
- Not completing your transaction fully once you have clicked through TopCashback, and navigating away from the site.
- Booking one of the following non-commissionable rates listed below:
- Rooms offered at specialty or pre-negotiated rates (including discounted group rates)
- Rooms rates in which the customer is required to be affiliated with or employed by a particular company or organization in order to receive the rate
- IHG Friends & Family or Employee discount rates
- Rooms that are booked and paid for using IHG Rewards Club points (including points+cash bookings)
- Any changes made to the reservation will decline your cash back.
Why This Is So Good
Not only will clicking through the TopCashback portal get you a nice 8% cashback on eligible IHG bookings but you’ll also continue to earn IHG Rewards points and credit towards IHG elite status (TopCashback’s links take you directly to the IHG website so all stays booked in this way are treated like any other booking made directly with IHG).
You can also boost your earnings further by booking using one of the two IHG Rewards credit cards issued by Chase:
The IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card comes with an $89 annual fee, is currently offering an impressive 140,000 point welcome bonus for cardholders who spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of card membership and offers an earning rate of 25 points/dollar on all IHG spending (when you also account for the bonus points earned for having IHG Rewards Platinum status that the card offers)
IHG Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card comes with no annual fee, is currently offering a 60,000 point welcome bonus for cardholders who spend $2,000 in the first 3 months of card membership and offers an earning rate of 15 points/dollar on all IHG spending (when you also account for the bonus points earned for being an IHG Rewards Club member).
Before you book, make sure you read through the terms and conditions carefully to check that you understand what may cause the cashback to be declined.
Also, as always, I suggest taking screenshots of any cashback process you engage in (regardless of the portal you’re using) to make sure you have ample evidence of the amounts due to you should any issues arise with the cashback being posted.
This could be a very easy 8% cashback for anyone looking to book a stay at an IHG property and, combined with the newly lowered targets for elite status as well as the bonus points promotion and the free night promotion that are currently running, this is one of the better times to be an IHG loyalist.
Featured image: InterContinental Phu Quoc courtesy of IHG