Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
American Express has launched a new targeted offer for spending at Staples and because Staples sells just about every gift card known to man (ok, that may be a slight exaggeration), targeted cardholders should be able to use this offer to save up to 25% on a wide variety of purchases.
Spend $100 or more and get $25 back at Staples
Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Business Card to spend a minimum of $100 in one or more eligible transactions in-store at Staples or online at Staples.com by 12/31/2021.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid in-store and online at US website Staples.com.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Valid at participating locations in US.
- Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US.
- Excludes Quill, Smilemaker, Staples Advantage, Staples 4 Government, Staples Toner Services, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Promotional Products, Staples Print Solutions, Copy and Printing Services, Staples Contract and Commercial, Staples App Center, Staples Industrial, Staples Book Rental, Staples Simplexity, Staples Share Fund, Coastwide Labs, Catalog and Staples Fundraising.
- Not valid for gift cards in bulk purchases.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- You may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Amex offer if you’ve been targeted for it.
The only card that I have this offer targeted to is my Blue Business® Plus credit card from American Express and as the offer that I’m seeing specifically mentions an “enrolled Business Card”, it looks like this offer may only be targeted to holders of Amex Business Cards (one of the many reasons why I love holding the no annual fee Blue Business Plus credit card).
It’s worth noting that the terms and conditions of this offer do not exclude the purchase of gift cards (although the purchase of gift cards in bulk is specifically excluded) so the purchase of a single $100 gift card should trigger the rebate without any issues.
Keep in mind that this targeted offer is valid at Staples.com and well as at Staples bricks and mortar stores so as the online store usually has a considerably wider range of gift cards than the physical stores (and as it also offers a wide variety of electronic gift cards) that may be the best place to use this offer.
Amex has launched a new targeted offer (probably just for holders of its business cards) in which it’s offering $25 back on $100 of spending at Staples (online and at physical stores). If you have a need to buy some office supplies, that’s great and this offer will help you save on your shopping. For most people reading this post, however, the easiest way to make the most of this deal is to buy a $100 gift card for a store/retailer that you use with some frequency.