Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
A new promotion has been launched for holders of the World of Hyatt Credit Card in which a 20% rebate is being offered on award stays made at Hyatt’s Thompson properties between 1 April and 5 June 2022.
- This promotion is only valid for World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who register for the promotion between 15 March and 30 April 2022 (here).
- Only points redeemed for stays or transactions completed between 1 April and 5 June 2022 will be eligible for this promotion.
- World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can receive 20% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points they redeem for Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining, and spa services, at Thompson Hotels during the Promotion Period.
- Maximum 30,000 Bonus Points per transaction may be received under this offer.
- To be eligible for these offers, the entire stay or transaction must be completed during the Promotion Period.
- Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after your point redemption has been completed for your Bonus Points to appear in your World of Hyatt account.
- For purposes of these offers, points are deemed redeemed upon checkout of a stay or completion of (and, if applicable payment for) the meal or spa service. Thompson locations
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page
A key thing to note here is that this is a promotion that’s offering a rebate and not a discount and while those two things may appear more or less identical, there’s a subtle difference between the two that’s going to be important.
When a promotion offers a discount, the reduced rate is available at the time of booking. When a promotion offers a rebate, the price at the time of booking remains undiscounted and the rebate is given upon completion of a stay.
What this means is that if you want to book a Thompson property using this promotion you will need to have enough World of Hyatt points in your account to make the booking as if there was no promotion on offer (i.e. if a property usually costs 20,000 points per night you’ll need to have at least 20,000 points in your account to book a night at that property) because the 20% rebate will only post to your account after the stay.
That small (but important) distinction aside, this is a nice promotion from Chase and the World of Hyatt. Sure, there are currently only 17 open Thompson properties and all are in the US or Mexico so that will make this deal a little limiting and a lot more interesting to those looking to vacation here at home as opposed to abroad…but this is still a good opportunity to try out some of the more recent additions to the World of Hyatt at a discounted price.
Personally, the Thompson Central Park, the Thompson Seattle, and the Cape in Cabo San Lucas are the properties that I think I’d like to visit most (out of the properties participating in this promotion), but with the Thompson Playa Del Carmen currently costing as little as 9,000 points per night (before the rebate), and the Thompson Chicago and the Gild Hall in New York costing as little as 12,000 points per night (before the rebate), I could be tempted with those as well.
- Thompson Buckhead – Atlanta, GA
- Thompson Austin – Austin, TX
- Thompson Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Thompson Denver – Denver, CO
- Thompson Dallas – Dallas, TX
- Thompson Hollywood – Hollywood, CA
- Thompson Nashville – Nashville, TN
- Gild Hall – New York, NY
- The Beekman – New York, NY
- Thompson Central Park – New York, NY
- Thompson San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
- Thompson Savannah – Savannah, GA
- Thompson Seattle – Seattle, WA
- Thompson Washington D.C. – Washington D.C
- The Cape – Cabo San Lucas
- Thompson Playa Del Carmen – Playa Del Carmen
- Thompson Zihuatanejo – Zihuatanejo
Note: More Thompson properties are in the pipeline but none of these are scheduled to open before the end of this promotion.
If you hold the World of Hyatt Credit Card (review), you now have the chance to register to get a 20% rebate back on all award stays made at Thompson properties between 1 April and 5 June 2022. If you were hoping to use this deal to save on a holiday abroad you’re going to be disappointed (unless you’re planning to visit Mexico), but for anyone planning a stay here in the United States, this promotion could offer a good way to save a few points while trying out one of the more recent additions to the World of Hyatt.