Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
If you have an American Express card in your wallet you can probably currently get up to 10% off almost all Etihad bookings courtesy of a new offer that has appeared today. Bookings must be made by 14 September 2019 but flights can be taken at any time within the current booking window.
Getting 10% Off An Etihad Booking
There isn’t much that travelers have to do to access the discount:
- Open up the promotion page (link)
- Input the first 4 numbers of your American Express card in the required field
- Proceed with a booking in the usual way.
As you’ll see in the terms and conditions (reproduced below), all cabins are eligible for the 10% discount (including First Class) and the flights on which the discount can be applied are indicated by a gold star in the search results:
Based on the routings I’ve checked the discount has already been applied to the prices displayed on the screen.
Offer Appears To Be Universal
The offer appears on an Etihad USA webpage and the url appears to suggest that the offer is US-specific (www.etihad.com/en-us/exclusive-deals/amex-offer-us) but this doesn’t actually appear to be the case.
I’ve tested this promotion out with a non-US AMEX card (and on a booking that didn’t include any US cities) right up to the point that payment was required and I didn’t encounter an error message so, based on this, I’m assuming that any AMEX card actually issued by AMEX (and not a co-branded card that just uses AMEX as the processor) will work for this deal.
If you have an AMEX card and were thinking about making a booking to a destination served by Etihad it may be worth seeing what sort of deal you can get via this promotion.
With most cabins and fares eligible for a discount and with there not being any apparent restriction on which AMEX cards can be used, this has to be one of the more widely usable promotions we’ve seen linked to a credit card issuer for some time.
Let me know if you get a chance to use it.
Terms & Conditions (Per Etihad)
- Offer valid when you book and pay with any American Express Credit or Charge card by September 14, 2019.
- Fulfilment of the offer is the sole responsibility of the participating American Express merchant.
- Offer is valid for online purchases only.
- Offer must be booked online by September 14, 2019 on this site.
- Card members must enter the first four digits of their American Express Card number to log in to the booking website.
- Discount only applies to the base fare and does not apply to taxes, fees and surcharges.
- Valid on all Economy Saver, Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Saver, Business
- Classic, Business Flex and First fares, excluding child and infant fares.
- Offer is valid on one-way and return trip fares only and does not apply on Multicity destinations or stopovers.
- Flights and fare types are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Eligible flights are clearly indicated by a yellow star – please ensure only flights eligible for the discount are selected when booking.
- Discount only applies to flights that are sold and operated by Etihad Airways or our codeshare partners.
- From time to time, Economy Class fares categorised as Economy Deal may be available for sale – discount will not apply to these Economy Deal, but they will be bookable through this current web portal.
- Changes and cancellations are subject to charges and fees as per published fare rules.
- All changes must be made with Etihad via etihad.com or Etihad contact centres.