Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
United has just emailed out details of a flash sale in which it’s offering 50% off the cost of upgrades to Economy Plus. The sale runs through Sunday 17 March and is only valid for travel through 31 March 2019 but it may still offer good value if you have a United Economy Class reservation to make.
How To Take Advantage Of The Sale
- Book a flight in United Economy departing between March 18 and March 31, 2019.
- Sign in to view your reservation.
- Select your flight reservation and choose an Economy Plus seat. Sale prices will be shown at seat selection; no promo code is required.
Sale Terms & Conditions
- This offer is valid on all United and United Express® flights from March 18 to March 31.
- Must complete Economy Plus upgrade purchase at least 24 hours in advance of departure and no later than 11:59pm CDT on March 17, 2019.
- Economy Plus upgrade must be made on an existing flight reservation through Manage Reservations.
- Sale price is shown at booking.
- No promotion code is needed.
- Previously purchased Economy Plus upgrades are not eligible for this promotion.
- This sale is 50% off the Economy Plus upgrade price only. Airfare is not included.
- Offer is subject to availability and may change without notice.
United Economy Plus
United Economy Plus is not a Premium Economy cabin – it’s a seating area within United’s Economy Class cabin which offers extra legroom.
The width of the seats on offer and the food and drinks on offer will all be the same as those that the regular Economy Cabin has – Economy Plus just offers a bit more space between rows.
Thoughts In Brief
The sale window is very short, the travel dates this promotion includes are almost upon us and the travel window is tiny….but there appear to be two pieces of information which may make this sale a little more useful that it would otherwise be.
I cannot see anything in the terms and conditions which excludes existing Economy Class reservations and I can see anything to suggest that this sale is targeted.
There doesn’t appear to be a landing page for this offer as the link in the email just takes you to the United homepage but I can’t see any reason why anyone with an existing booking can’t take advantage of this sale (as long as you don’t have a Basic Economy booking).
If you have an existing reservation you have nothing to lose – head on over to United.com, pull up your reservation and check how much United wants to charge you for an upgrade to a seat with a little more legroom.