Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Southwest is running a flash sale (which appears to have started yesterday) in which it’s offering one-way fares from $39. A quick look at some of the fares the airline has published shows that there may be some good deals available for travel to Hawaii and possibly to a few other winter sun destinations.
- As low as $39 one-way nonstop between Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco
- As low as $39 one-way nonstop between Lihue (Kaui) and Honolulu (Oahu)
- As low as $39 one-way nonstop between Atlanta and Ft. Lauderdale
- As low as $59 one-way nonstop between Dallas (Love Field) and New Orleans
- As low as $59 one-way nonstop between Chicago (Midway) and Dallas (Love Field)
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between Long Beach and Kahului (Maui)
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between Long Beach and Honolulu (Oahu)
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between Los Angeles (LAX) and Kahului (Maui)
- As low as $129 one-way nonstop between San Jose and Honolulu (Oahu)
- As low as $129 one-way nonstop between Oakland and Honolulu (Oahu)
Keep in mind that these are just examples, there are dozens of other routes on which you’ll find some very low fares.
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from August 3 through August 12, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid August 24 through December 16, 2021.
- Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii and interisland Hawaii travel valid August 24 through December 15, 2021.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid August 24 through December 9, 2021. International travel valid August 24 through December 15, 2021.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 19, November 23-24, and November 27-29, 2021.
- Continental U.S. to Hawaii blacked out November 18-21, 2021. Continental U.S. from Hawaii blacked out November 26-30, 2021.
- Except as otherwise specified, travel valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service.
- Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that’s not guaranteed.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines®, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
Don’t forget that you have until the end of the day on 12 August (Central Time) to book.
The most tempting fares that I’ve seen (so far) are for travel between the West Coast and Hawaii ($99 one way is a great deal) but there are a few other good deals too.
It’s worth noting that Alaska Airlines is also running a sale right now (see here) so if you’re struggling to find a good fare with Southwest, that may be another way to go.
As usual, this Southwest sale comes with more terms than an Apple Music account so make sure you take a look through the restrictions before you start making plans.
The best way to find the lowest fares is to use Southwest’s Low Fare Calendar which should quickly show you if your preferred routes have any great deals on offer. If you’re able to be flexible with your dates, you should be able to find something that works for you.