Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Southwest has launched a flash sale in which it’s offering fares from an amazing $29 one-way. The sale only runs through 4 March and as usual, there are a lot of terms and conditions to navigate (e.g. you can only travel on select days of the week if you want to book the best fares), but a quick look at some of the deals on offer shows that there’s definitely value to be had here.
- As low as $29 one-way nonstop between Baltimore and Raleigh/Durham
- As low as $29 one-way nonstop between Phoenix and Palm Springs
- As low as $29 one-way nonstop between Nashville and Chicago (MDW)
- As low as $49 one-way nonstop between Dallas and Los Angeles
- As low as $49 one-way nonstop between Denver and Salt Lake City
- As low as $78 one-way nonstop between Chicago (MDW) and Seattle
Whenever I write about Southwest fare sales I usually get a deluge of emails asking about fares to Hawaii so for all those of you who usually write in, here are the better deals that I’ve seen:
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between Long Beach and Honolulu (Oahu)
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between Long Beach and Kahului (Maui)
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between San Diego and Honolulu (Oahu)
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between San Jose and Honolulu (Oahu)
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between San Jose and Kahului (Maui)
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between Oakland and Kona (Hawaii)
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between Oakland and Honolulu (Oahu)
Keep in mind that these are just examples, there are dozens of other routes on which you’ll find some very low fares.
- Purchase from March 1 through March 4, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Continental U.S., San Juan, Puerto Rico, and international travel valid April 13 through June 2, 2021.
- Hawaii travel valid from April 13 through May 26, 2021.
- Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii is valid Monday – Thursday.
- Interisland Hawaii travel not valid on Fridays and Sundays.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday.
- International travel is valid Monday – Thursday.
- Travel to Mexico is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Mexico is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the sale page.
The most tempting fares that I’ve seen (so far) are for travel between the West Coast and Hawaii ($99 one way is a great deal) but there are a few other good deals too. As usual, this Southwest sale comes with more terms than an Apple Music account so make sure you take a look through the restrictions before you start making plans.
The best way to find the lowest fares is to use Southwest’s Low Fare Calendar which should quickly show you if your preferred routes have any great deals on offer. If you’re able to be flexible with your dates, you should be able to find something that works for you.