Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
IHG is currently running a flash sale in honor of Singles Day in which it’s offering up to 45% off the best flexible rates at properties in Southeast Asia, South Korea, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. The sale started yesterday and runs to 23:59 tomorrow at local hotel time.
- Book by 12 November 2022 at 23:59 local hotel time.
- Stay a minimum of 2 nights
- Stay between 20 November 2022 and 30 June 2023
- All participants get up to 35% off
- IHG One Rewards members get an additional 10% discount
IHG One Rewards is free to join (here)
- The 3-Day Flash Sale promotional rate (the “Promotion”) is valid only for selected bookings made from 10 November 2022 to 12 November 2022 (both dates inclusive) (“Booking Dates”) for stays at participating IHG branded hotels between 20 November 2022 to 30 June 2023 (both dates inclusive) (“Stay Dates”) using the ‘3-Day Flash Sale’ rate during the Booking Dates.
- The Promotion offers a discount of up to 35% off the hotel’s Best Flexible Rate (BFR), the BFR rate is an unrestricted, non-qualified, non-discounted rate.
- IHG One Rewards members will also be eligible to receive an additional 10% discount on bookings made through the Promotion which are made directly through IHG channels.
- Rates are per room, per night for up to 2 adults sharing a room and are subject to availability during the Stay Dates.
- Minimum 2 nights stay required for bookings in the Promotion.
- Bookings must be made at least ten (10) days in advance of your check-in date.
- Reservations are final and require full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking.
- Payment is non-refundable. No refunds if cancelled or changed.
- Once a reservation is confirmed, your credit card will be charged between the time of your booking and your check-in for the total amount shown, regardless of whether or not the reservation is used.
- Local government guidelines might require hotels to make any operational changes and you will be informed at the time of check-in.
- The Promotion is valid in Southeast Asia, South Korea and Greater China (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan region) at participating Regent, InterContinental, Vignette Collection, Kimpton, Hotel Indigo, voco, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn & Suites, Staybridge Suites hotels and resorts.
- The Promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.
- At Holiday Inn, kids 12 years and under stay for free sharing parent’s guest room in existing bedding and eat free from the all-day dining restaurant with an accompanying paying adult guest.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the sale page
To make sure that you’re seeing the best deals on offer, make sure you’re logged in to your IHG One Rewards account before you do any searches, and make sure that you use the 11.11 Flash Sale when checking prices (searches performed from the sale page automatically search for the flash sale rates).
A key thing to keep in mind here is that the discount on offer is based on a property’s best flexible rate and not on the cheapest rate on offer so, in practice, you’ll probably find that the discounts you’re being offered won’t be as high as 45%.
Moreover, even though the sale is based on the best flexible rate, the rate that you’ll be booking in this sale requires a full prepayment upfront and cannot be cancelled or changed. This isn’t a sale for anyone whose plans may change.
On a more positive note, IHG seems to think that the Maldives are in one of the regions included in this sale (so the InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort can be booked with a discount), and based on the few searches that I’ve done so far, it looks like the sale rates are often the cheapest rates being offered (Radisson could learn from this).
Overall, I like this sale.
It may require the booking of an inflexible rate and the discounts on offer may not be huge but there are some very nice properties participating and the sale offer a genuine chance for travelers to save some cash.
You’ll find a full list of participating properties on this IHG page
If you book today, save even more
Rakuten is currently running a 1-day promotion in which it’s offering 11% cash back (or 11 Amex Membership Rewards Points per dollar) on most IHG bookings made today.
This isn’t a reason to rush into any decisions (remember, these sale bookings are nonrefundable) but if you find a booking that you’d like to make and are comfortable making today, this could be a nice added bonus.
IHG’s Singles Day sale is running through tomorrow (various times on 12 November) and is offering savings of up to 45% off the best flexible rate. Bookings require prepayment and are not flexible but there are some good deals on offer so if you know that you can make firm plans, this is definitely a sale that’s worth checking out.
Featured image: The InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort courtesy of IHG