Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Details of the latest “Marriott Bonvoy Escapes” are now out and there are savings of up to 25% on offer for stays through 20 September at select locations within North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean. If you in a position to travel and are happy to travel, these are deals that could be worth checking out.
Marriott Bonvoy Escapes
- Available Thursday – Sunday at hotels and on all days of the week at resorts
- At hotels, a Thursday night stay requires a Friday night stay to trigger the saving, and a Sunday night stay requires a Saturday night stay to trigger the saving.
- Participating properties are in North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
- Valid on stays through 20 September 2020
- Book by Sunday 30 August 2020
- For Marriott Bonvoy members, the offer consists of a 25% discount on the guest room Standard Rate. For non-members (Bonvoy is free to join), the offer consists of a 20% discount on the guest room Standard Rate.
- Blackout dates may apply
- There are a limited number of rooms that each property is willing to sell under this promotion.
- Member bookings must be made directly through Marriott.
Further details can be found on the Marriott Bonvoy Escapes webpage.
There are over 4,900 properties participating in this promotion so although it’s limited to a few select areas of the world there’s still an abundance of options when it comes to choosing a property at which to stay.
Personally, and considering the current situation, I’d be most tempted with a resort setting where, generally speaking, guests have a lot more space than they do at regular hotels. Properties like the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort or the Westin Hilton Head Island Resort would work well but I’d also consider even more space and autonomy by looking for good rates out the rates at some of Marriott’s timeshare properties which, if you book the right room, come with their own kitchens and living areas (Marriott Desert Springs Villas would be a very nice option for a family with a golfing interest).
Don’t forget that irrespective of what property, room, and rate you end up booking, bookings made prior to 1 October 2020, regardless of arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival – you can change your mind if your circumstances change.
There are a lot of reasons not to travel right now, but there are also quite a few good reasons to get away from home and recharge your batteries for a few days too. A lot of us have been spending far more time at home than we ordinarily would over the past 5 – 6 months and, as long as sensible precautions are taken, a trip to a nearby resort for a few nights may make the burdens of life a little less heavy and may give the boost that a lot of us probably need.
Marriott is offering 25% off its standard rates at over 4,900 properties for bookings made by Sunday 30 August for stays through 20 September. If you’ve been considering a break from your everyday routine, this may be a promotion that’s worth looking into.
Featured Image: Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino (included in this promotion)