Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page
British Airways has launched a 5-day “luxury holiday sale that’s offering Club World (Business Class) flights and “luxury hotels” packaged together to offer what the airline calls “an upgraded travel experience offering an extra level of service and style”. I’m not sure about the extra level of service and style but, despite the fact that only certain destinations appear to be included in the sale, some of the deals definitely look interesting.
British Airways Luxury Holiday Sale – Headline Info
The travel dates for which this promotion is valid vary depending on the destination and BA admits that availability may not be great deign peak times.
USA and Canada:
- Vancouver: travelling 19 April 2018 – 31 January 2019.
- Miami: travelling 19 April 2018 – 31 January 2019.
- New York: travelling 19 April 2018 – 31 January 2019.
- Boston: travelling 1 September 2018 – 31 January 2019
- Toronto: travelling 1 September 2018 – 31 January 2019
- Las Vegas: travelling 1 September 2018 – 31 January 2019
- Bangkok: travelling from 22 July – 9 September 2018, 10 December – 10 January 2019.
- Hong Kong: travelling from 1 May – 21 July 2018.
- Bahamas: travelling from 17 May – 28 February 2019.
- Grand Cayman: travelling from 17 May – 28 February 2019.
- Abu Dhabi: travelling from 1 May – 30 August 2018.
- Muscat: travelling from 1 May – 30 August 2018.
- Johannesburg: travelling from 1 May – 30 August 2018.
- Cape Town: travelling from 1 May – 30 August 2018.
- Seychelles: travelling from 1 May – 28 February 2019 (excluding 12 December – 10 January)
- Minimum 2 nights stay for all destinations.
- Prices include taxes, fees, carrier charges, and are updated every 24 to 48 hours.
- Holidays must be booked between 00:01 GMT 12 April to 23:59 GMT 16 April 2018.
- To access book Holidays, use the ‘Flight + Hotel’ or ‘Flight + Car’ search option on ba.com or follow this link to the sale page.
- Hotels or cars added to flights after a flight has been selected or booked will not be eligible.
As you can see from the dates and destinations highlighted above, not all parts of the world are included in this sale. The sale page shows the offers BA is highlighting but the British Airways Holiday finder may uncover a few gems that aren’t obviously publicised and is a very good way to search for deals.
Here are some examples of deals that BA is promoting:
Business Class flights + 3 nights at a hotel
Deals including 4* and 5* hotels
I’m not a big fan of New York in the summer (usually very hot and very humid) but in the winter it’s a different beast and there are some interesting deals on offer.
Three nights at the InterContinental Barclay + Business Class flights doesn’t look too bad at £1,440 per person….
…..but you’ll also find offers for various W Hotels in New York and I’d avoid those at all costs. The W Hotels in New York are nowhere near the standard that they claim and will almost certainly be a disappointment to anyone who books and expects 4*+ accommodation and service.
Miami is a longer flight than most people realise (9+ hours) so it’s always worth checking out any Business Class deals before you book. In this sale there are two deals that I like the look of…but that’s not to say that there aren’t others out there too.
Business Class fares and 4 nights at the Conrad Miami doesn’t look too bad at £1,896pp for January travel and you can get it slightly cheaper at other times of the year.
Roundtrip Club World fares and 5 nights at the Confidante by Hyatt (a recent convert to the Hyatt portfolio) looks decent too:
Some of the better deals to the West Coast appear to be for travel to Vancouver (ok, it’s the Canadian west coast) but you’ll have to be prepared to travel in the winter if you want prices as cheap as these:
Outside of North America there are a few reasonable deals too:
The Seychelles seems to be a destination that’s getting more popular and, as I know Club World seats to the Seychelles regularly price up at over £3250 this doesn’t look to be a bad offer of 7 nights and Club World seats:
Bangkok appears to have a few reasonable deals staring in the £1,600’s but bear in mind that hotels in Bangkok are usually very reasonably priced when working out the value you’re getting from the BA sale.
There are a lot of other offers and deals out there and I’ve even found some reasonable prices to destinations not on the list (Los Angeles for 7 nights in a 4* hotel for user £2,000pp) so make sure you have a good look through the various offers using the BA Holiday finder before you chose where to fly.
None of these deals are stunning but considering all the fares are for departures from London (a notoriously expensive place from which to start a trip) some of the deals look pretty good.
Make sure you price up the hotels and airfares separately as well as together so you have a good idea of what savings you’re getting – just because an airline tells you something is a “deal” doesn’t necessarily make it one you should be booking.