Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Alaska Airlines has launched a new flash sale which it’s running through to the end of the day, today, and in which it’s offering great deals on flights across its network. The airline is offering free companion tickets in Economy Class for parties of up to 6 people and 10% off First Class fares for all travelers.
Alaska’s BOGO Sale – Key Terms
- Buy one coach class ticket at the regular price and get a second ticket for just the taxes.
- Use discount code LETSGO
- Discount code is valid for 50% off coach base fare levels published at alaskaair.com.
- Valid for itineraries with a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of six (6) people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare
- Valid for one-way or round-trip travel.
- Discount code is valid for all Alaska Airlines cities, excluding Prudhoe Bay (SCC).
- Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees.
- Cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Discount code must be applied towards the purchase of a ticket by 11:59 pm PT on February 8, 2021.
- BOGO Offer: Travel is valid 16 February through 26 May 2021. Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Sunday through Wednesdays, travel from Hawaii, Mexico, or Costa Rica is valid Tuesdays through Fridays, and travel between all other cities is valid Mondays through Thursdays.
- 10% Bonus Offer: When 2 or more are traveling together, get 10% off days of week not listed above. Or, get 10% off solo travel and First Class fares all days of week. All other conditions of the BOGO offer apply.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the sale page.
This feels a bit like Alaska’s NFL promotions from earlier in the football season only this offer is better if you’re traveling as a couple, as a party of four, or as a party of six. The NFL (Seattle Seahawks) related promotions offered a maximum discount of 40% while this promotion offers an effective discount of 50% for anyone traveling in an even-numbered group of up to six people.
In addition, the NFL-based promotions were noticeably not available for travel out of California while this promotion has no such restriction – as long as you’re not flying out of Prudhoe Bay you should be able to make the most of this sale.
When you can book a Main Cabin seat (not Basic Economy) for two people for roundtrip travel between LAX and Maui for $153 per person, it’s hard not to love sales like this one.
If you’re based in SoCal, it may be worth keeping in mind that Southwest is launching new routes to Honolulu and Maui out of Long Beach at the beginning of March (with fares starting at $198 roundtrip), so if you can’t find dates that work for you in this Alaska sale, Southwest may be a good option to try.
Alaska Airlines is running a flash sale in which it’s offering a free companion fare for flights across its network and 10% off First Class fares too. Bookings must be made by 23:59 PT tonight (8 February) and travel must be taken between 16 February and 26 May 2021.