Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Alaska Airlines has launched a new flash sale which sees the airline offering one-way fares from as low as $39. The sale is only running through 5 August but with fares available for travel through the end of the year, this could be a good opportunity to save on a fall or winter break.
Alaska Airlines Flash Sale
- Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or all days.
- Book by 11:59 pm (PT) on August 05, 2021
- Sale fares are valid to travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from September 07, 2021 – December 15, 2021.
- Blackout dates are from November 18, 2021 to November 29, 2021.
- If nonstop service is offered during the advertised travel period, the advertised fare applies to the nonstop flights only.
- Bag fees apply for checked baggage.
- An additional VAT fee from $2.15 (CAD) per bag for bags checked in Canada may apply.
- These fares are nonrefundable and are only available on flights marketed by Alaska Airlines for travel on Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, or SkyWest.
- A ticket purchased at an Alaska Airlines airport location or through one of our reservation call centers will cost $15.00 more per person than the advertised fare.
- Changes are not allowed on Saver fares, outside of our 24 hour cancellation policy.
- Applicable fare and tax differences apply to any changes made after ticketing.
- In addition to the advertised fares which include taxes, fees, and charges in U.S. dollars, passengers departing San Jose or Liberia airports will be subject to a $29 (USD) departure tax, to be collected at the airport.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the sale page.
- $39 Los Angeles – San Francisco
- $49 San Jose – Portland
- $59 Seattle – San Diego
- $69 Seattle – Las Vegas
- $99 San Jose – Maui, Hawaii
- $139 Los Angeles – Honolulu, Hawaii
- $139 Los Angeles – Maui, Hawaii
- $149 Portland – Lihue, Hawaii
- $149 Seattle – Kona, Hawaii
Some of these fares look very tempting (San Jose to Maui and LA to San Francisco for example) but if you’re contemplating a trip to Hawaii it’s worth checking to see what fares Southwest is offering before assuming that these Alaska fares are the ones to jump on (I’ve seen some great fares between Long Beach and Hawaii that beat the fares that Alaska Airlines is offering out of LAX).
Don’t forget to check the Alaska Airlines cancellation policy before you book to ensure that you know what your rights are should you have to cancel your trip (it may feel like we’re emerging from the pandemic but things can change very quickly), and make sure that you use a credit card that offers good travel protections to book your flights – the Platinum Card® from American Express (review) and the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (review) are two of the cards that I would choose while I would avoid all Citi cards.
Alaska Airlines has announced a 3-day flash sale in which it’s offering one-way fares from a little as $39. Not all routes are discounted and the best fares are only available on select days of the week but if you’re considering a fall or early winter break, this is probably a sale that you should be checking out.