Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
IHG has launched a 5-day flash sale on select properties in the UK and Ireland. With IHG also currently running its Free Nights Faster promotion which is offering a minimum of 40,000 bonus points, this flash sale could be a useful tool to help you earn the bonus(es) on offer while keeping costs low.
IHG UK & Ireland Flash Sale Headline Terms
- Book the Flashsale UK Ireland rate between 00:01 local UK time on 28 January 2019 and 23.59 local UK time on 1 February 2019
- Stays between 31 January 2019 to 30 April 2019 (inclusive) at participating UK and Ireland IHG Hotels to receive a discount of 30% off the Best Flexible Rate.
- The Flashsale Offer requires advance booking made between 3-28 days depending on the participating hotel.
- Offer only available to IHG® Rewards Club members.
- IHG Rewards Club Membership is free. See www.ihgrewardsclub.com to enrol.
- Bookings can be made through any IHG direct channel from 00.01 local UK time on 28 January 2019 to 23.59 local UK time on 1 February 2019.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.
There are two important things to point out:
- The discount is based on the “best flexible rate” and not the cheapest rate available so the actual discount will be lower than the headline 30% rate.
- Although the discount is based on a flexible rate most of the rates booked via this promotion will be non-flexible and will require prepayment
If you book through the promotion page the search facility will already have the Flash Sale rate selected…..
…..so, by using this, you can be sure that the rates you’re being shown are the correct flash sale rates.
Not all properties appear to be participating in this promotion.
I’ve seen the InterContinental London O2 appear on a number of searches but I have yet to see the InterContinental Park Lane make an appearance so it’s possible that this property has chosen to opt out.
Still, there are some reasonable deals on offer…like at the new Kimptons….
…and at a few of the more centrally located London Holiday Inn properties:
Naturally, as the flash sale’s name suggests, the deals aren’t limited to London and its environs – there are deals to be had in Edinburgh, Dublin, Cardiff and in a host of other UK and Irish locations too.
If you’re looking for a stunning deal at a UK/Ireland InterContinental then this flash sale will disappoint you but, if you’re looking for a middle of the road property that’s cheaper now than it was yesterday, this sale should help you out.