Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Hilton has launched a 5-day flash sale offering 20% off at properties across the West Coast, in Hawaii and in other select locations in Arizona and Mexico. The deal expires on Friday 15 March so, with availability limited, the sooner you check for dates that work for you the more likely you are to find a good deal.
Hilton Flash Sale – Headline Terms & Conditions
- This offer is available exclusively to Hilton Honors and you must be a member to book.
- Offer is subject to availability at participating Hilton Portfolio hotels and resorts in selected regions.
- Offer valid for stays booked between 12:01am Eastern Standard Time, March 11, 2019, and 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time, March 15, 2019.
- Offer valid for stays completed between March 14 and July 15, 2019.
- The booking must be made within the period specified herein and three (3) day advance reservations are required.
- A discount of twenty percent (20%) relates the hotel’s Best Available Rate. The hotel’s Best Available Rate (“BAR”) is a specific rate that varies depending on time of purchase, is unrestricted, non-qualified and excludes discount rates.
- Discount may not be applied to existing stays.
- A limited number of rooms will be available for this offer.
- Offer exclusive to bookings made directly through Hilton.
- Full, non-refundable prepayment required at time of booking.
- Your credit card will be charged immediately for the total amount quoted for the entire stay as reserved and refunds or credits will not be issued unless otherwise indicated by local law.
- Additional restrictions and blackout dates may apply and vary by property.
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Mexico City
- Palm Springs
- Salt Lake City
There are a few important things to note here:
Not all properties are participating – a very quick search threw up the fact that the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills and the Hilton Los Angeles Airport don’t appear to be taking part… and I’m pretty sure they won’t be the only exclusions.
The 20% discount isn’t necessarily a 20% discount on the cheapest rate Hilton is offering at any given property. Here’s an example of the rates available at the Hilton Waikiki Beach on a random night in June:
The promotional rate of $172 is the cheapest rate available but is only $7 cheaper than the Honors Advance Purchase rate…which is a paltry discount of just 4%.
If your plans are likely to change this promotion isn’t for you – the bookings are for non-refundable reservations (although you may be able to change them for a fee) and your credit card will be charged the full amount when you book.
Don’t forget that American Express may still have some very good offers that will stack with this promotion (the specific offer for Hawaii should also still be live) and which may save you quite a bit of cash.
Lastly, make sure you’re signed up for Hilton’s ‘Points Unlimited‘ promotion which runs through 5 May 2019 and will stack with at least some bookings made through this promotion.
If anyone finds a great deal in this promotion please let me know in the comments and I’ll add it to the post above.