Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
This sale has now ended but American Airlines Is Now Offering Huge Savings On American Airlines Ski Fares (click for more details)
American Airlines has launched a new “Daily Deal” in which it’s offering free flights to the Caribbean for kids booked on the same reservations as fare-paying adults. The deal is only available to select Caribbean destinations, you only have approximately eight hours in which to book, and taxes and fees apply but if you’re planning an escape from the winter cold, this could be a deal worth considering.
American Airlines ‘Kids Fly Free To The Caribbean’
Headline Terms & Conditions
- Limited time offer.
- One (1) child per adult reservation.
- Child must be 15 years of age and under at time of travel.
- Child must be booked and ticketed in the same reservation with a paying adult.
- Passenger is responsible for all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges, including those for children on the reservation.
- Savings for child ticket will be reflected at check out.
- No promotional code needed
- Book on January 4, 2021 (TODAY) from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Central Time
- Travel from January 18, 2021, through April 30, 2021
- Offer valid for reservations made in the US for flights originating in the contiguous 48 U.S. states to select Caribbean destinations:
- Antigua (ANU)
- Aruba (AUA)
- Barbados (BGI)
- Bermuda (BDA)
- Bonaire (BON)
- Curacao (CUR)
- Freeport (FPO)
- George Town (GGT)
- Grand Cayman (GCM)
- Grenada (GND)
- Marsh Harbour (MHH)
- Montego Bay (MBJ)
- Nassau (NAS)
- North Eleuthera (ELH)
- Puerto Plata (POP)
- Punta Cana (PUJ)
- St. Lucia (UVF)
- St. Kitts (SKB)
- St. Martin (SXM)
- St. Vincent (SVD)
- Turks and Caicos (PLS)
- This offer cannot be applied retroactively or to existing reservations.
- 14-day advance purchase required.
- Valid only on flights operated by American Airlines and American Eagle. Not valid on codeshare flights.
- Stopovers are not allowed
- Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion
- Offer applies to all cabins
- Valid for one-way or round-trip travel.
- Offer is not valid on all fares, including but not limited to Award Miles Reservations and contract fares.
Full Terms & Conditions can be found on the promotion page
Ok, so the downside here is that you only have hours in which to book…but that’s the whole point of “daily deals” so we can’t really complain about that.
The good news is that although American Airlines says that the offer is limited to “select Caribbean destinations” I’m struggling to think of a Caribbean destination outside of Mexico that isn’t a valid destination for the purposes of this offer. Add to that the fact that this deal is valid for all cabins (i.e you can take your kid(s) in First Class for just the cost of the taxes and fees) and this makes this a very nice deal for anyone who’s happy to travel right now.
Keep in mind that most (all?) Caribbean destinations have strict measures in place to try to prevent the spread of COVID-19 so make sure you know what your chosen destination’s entry requirements are before you decide to book (you’ll almost certainly need a negative COVID test to travel).
For the rest of today (Central Time), American Airlines is offering free flights to select destinations in the Caribbean for kids traveling with fare-paying adults. The promotion includes Economy and First Class bookings and applies to travel from January 18th through April 30th, 2021.