Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
AMEX has published a truly fantactic offer for flights with Air France/KLM in which targeted cardholders can earn 20,000 Membership Rewards points for bookings made by 31 October 2019.
Deails in brief:
Get 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more eligible transactions direct with Air France or KLM by 10/31/2019. Flights must originate from US & charged in USD.
Headline Terms & Conditions:
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards).
- Offer is non-transferable.
- ELIGIBLE PURCHASES: Offer valid only on flights booked through US websites www.klm.us and www.airfrance.us in USD will be included in the offer.
- Flight must originate in US and be charged in USD to qualify.
- Not valid for purchase made through partner sites, agents, affiliates and third parties.
- Excludes KLM Package Deals, City Pass Amsterdam, hotel bookings, car rentals, ground transportation, tours, airport transfers, equipment services, [email protected], purchases of miles, and lounge access fees.
- Excludes Air France Music, Air France Saphir, Air France Shopping, convention/conference/seminar services, baggage drop off, group reservations, La Boutique Air France, parking, Stress Free Flying workshop, flight crew training, Flying Blue Store, KLM Jet Center, KLM Wanna Gives.
- Excludes bookings made via a travel agent.
- Your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant.
- EARNING POINTS: Limit of 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card Member.
- The enrolled Card account must be active, not be past due, canceled or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the additional Membership Rewards points. Any additional points you receive through this offer are in addition to the points you would normally receive for purchases charged to your Card, but the number of additional points you receive will be based on the purchase price after any credit or other discount is applied.
- When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included.
- Additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 10/31/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- We may not credit additional points to, or we may take away additional points that have been credited to, your program account if the qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the AMEX offer page (assuming you’ve been targeted for this offer).
It’s a shame that this lis limited to departures from the US but this is still a great offer to be targeted for.
$1,000 isn’t all that much to spend on air travel (if you’re a family or booking a premium cabin) so this shouldn’t be a difficult offer for most people to use.
I value Membership Rewards points at 1.5 cents each so the 20,000 points on offer here represent an effective rebate of $300. If you can arrange to spend not much more than the $1,000 required to trigger the points bonus you’ll be getting almost 30% off your booking…and that’s not a deal anyone should be ignoring.
Apologies for the brevity of this post but I’m about to get on a flight (without wi-fi!) so don’t have time to add much more than you see above.