Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Qantas is currently running a promotion in which it’s promoting its “Qantas Red” email newsletter by offering a discount off a Qantas international Economy/Premium Economy fare (departing the US) or a one-time pass to a Qantas Business Class lounge in Australia.
This offer is open to new and existing Qantas Red email subscribers.
Here are the terms and conditions according to Qantas:
- To be eligible for the discount or complimentary lounge invitation, you must be a Qantas USA Red Email subscriber during the time of the promotion. Offer ends 11:59pm PDT 30 July 2019.
- $100 discount offer applies to Qantas International Economy and Premium Economy round trip fares departing the US to Australia. $100 discount applied to all eligible adult fares at time of purchase completed by Red Email subscriber at https://www.qantas.com/us/en/offer/2019/choose-your-offer-save-on-flights.html and using the Promo Code: SAVE100. Children and infant fares excluded.
- Lounge offer requires a Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and provides a one-time pass to a Qantas International Business Lounge at Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane. A Qantas Frequent Flyer number must be entered for each passenger when making a booking during this promotion.
- Complimentary lounge Invitation will be issued to all passengers, including children and infants, with a Qantas Frequent Flyer number added to the booking when purchased by Red Email subscriber at https://www.qantas.com/us/en/offer/2019/choose-your-offer-lounge-invitation.html and using the Promo Code: LOUNGE.
- Complimentary lounge invitations Terms and Conditions apply.
- Lounge invitation will take 6-8 weeks to appear in the Qantas Frequent Flyer member’s account.
- Lounge invitation valid for 12 months after issuance.
- Invitations must be linked to an Eligible Flight at least 24 hours before departure.
- Eligible Lounges will be shown when linking an invitation.
- Eligible Customers cannot bring guests, infants, or children who do not have their own Lounge Invitation.
It looks as if the flight discount on offer is per person and not per booking in which case this could be a very nice way for a family to make a considerable saving on a trip to Australia.
Qantas lounges are traditionally pretty nice (some have been upgraded only recently) and would offer a nice way for a traveler or family to end their trip.
Without knowing people’s individual circumstances it’s hard to say what the better option here is, but I suspect the $100 discount per person would the better benefit for a family while the lounge access may be worth forgoing a $100 saving for a single traveler….although that would probably also depend on how much time the traveler would actually have to enjoy the lounge before their flight.
Which option would you choose and why?